Firing weapons

• March 9, 2012 at 6:53 PM #102027
    cursedhellmonkey
    Private
    Total posts : 6

I was able to get one rocket pod to fire in-game while assigned to Group 1. If I assigned more than one pod to group 1 no weapon fired in-game. Attaching a single machine-gun or sniper rifle and assigning to group 1 did not work when attempting to fire. Assigning weapons to the other groups did not work.

March 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM #103726
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3781

This may be hard to remember, but did you do a lot of removing parts and adding back on when you where building?

I did fix a massive bug related to the weapons system, so I am trying to make sure I covered it all. The bug I fixed caused errors like what you are talking about.

(Thanks for reporting these, it made my day 🙂 )

March 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM #103730
    cursedhellmonkey
    Private
    Total posts : 6

Both actually. I saw the same conditions when I swapped a bunch of the hardware and when I only added one at a time (up to three) and then tried to group the weapons.

March 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM #103731
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Ok thanks. I think I tracked it down and fixed it. I will put out another version on Wednesday with all the bug fixes.

May 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM #103755
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2675

After quite a few runs on the Singleplayer mode, I have been noticing a few problems.
    The first problem resides in the area when the weapons in a selected group fire, a second volley is fired off in rapid succession after the first volley (Tests done using Sniper Cannons and Howitzers). The second problem might be related to the first bug in the sense that in some occasions, I am able to fire the weapon group even tough it is still in the process of reloading (I could have easily double clicked in the sense of the matter for the first bug).
    A third problem occurs when zoomed in, and the weapon with the gun camera is destroyed, the screen is left frozen in the final image after the weapon has been clicked to fire after destruction, and the only way for it to return to normal is to zoom out, but the corner hub remains working.
    Another random one appeared while testing the last problem where one of the weapons did not show up in the Weapons Group Sidebar in the Sortie, but still fired all the same. This only seems to happen to the quad launcher.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat.

"Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

May 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM #103757
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Awesome write up. I added all those bugs to my tracker.

May 24, 2012 at 2:15 AM #103745
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2675

Just encountered a bug where some Weapon Groups do not appear in the sidebar during Gameplay, but function just as set up in the Garage. The groups that did not appear were shown to be doubled in the Weapon Grouping after the Sortie, but when tested with the doubled settings, only the same occurance happened with the groups not appearing, and functioned as normally set up. This occurred to a Group of four Quad Pods and two Groups of two Light Machine Guns.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat.

"Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

May 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM #103746
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

That’s a very unique bug. I will try to reproduce it tonight and get working on it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.