SHOCKING: Shenanigans are Called on Background Planet Image

• July 18, 2016 at 4:57 PM #131816
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2641

The moon in the main menu is actually Enceladus, one of Saturn’s moons. Courtesy of the Cassini probe.

Wake up America! We’ve been lied to from Day 1!

Cassini

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat.

"Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

July 18, 2016 at 6:12 PM #131817
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3017

Quick, take down this thread before AnvilDude finds out!

http://www.raksal.com/?content=signature
    "I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

July 18, 2016 at 6:28 PM #131818
    AnvildudeAnvildude
    Major
    Total posts : 1925

WHAT!?

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

BEHOLD THE TRUE SURFACE OF EUROPA!

Seriously, just use NASA’s site. They got all sorts of awesome there.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

July 18, 2016 at 6:32 PM #131819
    Lieutenant Colonel

GG man! Game over! Game fucking over!

"Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

July 18, 2016 at 6:55 PM #131820
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

So what province is Neo Texas?

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

July 18, 2016 at 8:14 PM #131821
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Forum Admin
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3769

Oh dammit Legacy! I try an sneak in a little artistic flare, but keeping it realistic. Now I have to change the whole damn story to be on Enceladus.

July 20, 2016 at 12:56 AM #131829
    AnvildudeAnvildude
    Major

What’s the difference? You’re just going to “terraform” it into an unassuming mossy mudball anyways… 🙁

August 12, 2016 at 1:51 PM #132064
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Forum Admin
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3769

Who knows. I don’t have quite a few environment concepts for icy areas. It’s all about not needing to be limited to only ice.

August 12, 2016 at 4:59 PM #132065
    AnvildudeAnvildude
    Major

Ice isn’t really limiting. Besides, there’s also the mining areas, which would be stone and dirt, as well as the city areas which would be manmade. Materials-wise, those are their own things.

And more than any sort of material, the more important thing is the, well, shape of the maps and levels. Planetside 2 has only 3 terrain ‘materials’, but they still have a huge variety of combat areas and the like- different parts of the terrain feel different just because of how they’re designed.

Even if you’re really worried about the ice being ‘boring’… this is alien ice, on an alien world, which is already shown to have a lot of different colors and terrain features. Minerals in the ice mean it is different colors (all sorts of colors- bright reds, purples, blues, all sorts of patterns as well.) The ice itself can come in all sorts of shapes and textures- soft, slumpy ice, powdery stuff, branching crystaline structures of either opaque material or clear, hexagonal structures, all sorts of shapes and sizes. You just need to find yourself a good terrain designer.

And it’s not like plantlife isn’t possible. There’s things like hydroponics facilities in city or industrial areas (illegal, of course- all food must be imported!), the biodome ideas of course, you could have algae that grows in some places… but you don’t need plantlife for interesting and varied terrain- and pretty much any terrain that doens’t have plantlife could be found on Europa, just in its own way.

September 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM #132837
    ShardnerShardner
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 216

Looks like its happening…

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-s-hubble-spots-possible-water-plumes-erupting-on-jupiters-moon-europa

"Rock is Overpowered. Paper is Fine." - Scissors

September 27, 2016 at 6:26 AM #132838
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    First Sergeant
    Total posts : 305

Oh dammit Legacy! I try an sneak in a little artistic flare, but keeping it realistic. Now I have to change the whole damn story to be on Enceladus.

Mav now takes place on enchiladas, my fantasy is complete

Attachments:
    1. title-screen-Enchiladas

title-screen-Enchiladas.png

"If I want to know if something I made is overpowered I just tell Tewdrig to make a build with it." - Cyber

September 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM #132840
    Lieutenant Colonel

Needs more lumpy.

September 27, 2016 at 4:49 PM #132841
    Lerch2000Lerch2000
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 84

Mav now takes place on enchiladas, my fantasy is complete

That picture looks like pure pain for me
    🙂

September 27, 2016 at 6:09 PM #132844
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Warning: might cause diarrhea after use.
    Caution: Still worth it.

September 28, 2016 at 12:47 PM #132873
    AxleNo7AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Sergeant
    Total posts : 343

are we talking about the assquake grande?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.