The Great Nag List of 2017

• February 16, 2017 at 7:44 AM #136380
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2616

It’s been a while since we’ve done one of this, so let’s get nagging. The main focus is to nag on anything any everything that we have minor and major gripes with in the current game.

So here’s mine.

The desktop icon, shortcut item, taskbar icon, etc. still have the old MAV logo and have not been updated since. They also still say M.A.V. instead of MAV.

Sniper/rockets/howitzers projectiles do not have a heat signature.

No “eye dropper” tool in Garage to select the current camo pattern on a MAv and get the color scheme into the paint palate.

NO BLOODY UNDO BUTTON!

No ability to create folders/move around/easily rename builds in the saves.

Concussion rockets are trash.

Collision issue master thread needs some love.

Can not recast vote for Siege.

No random option for Siege.

Spectator team/free camera plox for Arena and Siege. Both Single and Multiplayer.

Heat integration was an inside job and Rak Sal Industries was in on it.

No Church of Ice formally established in the lore.

Did I mention NO BLOODY UNDO BUTTON!?

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat.

"Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 16, 2017 at 10:27 AM #136411
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 204

-The button to add AIs is in the list you are adding to so it bumps down meaning you have to scroll down to the bottom every time you add another AI
    -More scrolling hell if I want to set each AI to a certain role type and skill level. Resulting in leaving them random because it’s a mini chore when dealing with multiple AIs

-Connecting parts can still be fiddly.

-Collision issues with low riding mavs on jungle shrubbery on New Amazon. ( I assume it’s this, but it might be terrain?) Last two weeks on Sunday funday was cringe worthy getting stuck in a Wheelie and RJs repeatedly. Grrr

-annoying loss result when kills are tied. Could be win, but I has kill first and AI ties after so he obv winz rite and has worse k/d raysheo. Sudden death mode 1v1 between those that are tied…
    – kills in the last second counting on score sheet, not resulting in win.

Also added:

-No base locations, or even possible locations,shown on siege maps. Would be lovely to see where they are to help learn the maps.

– he came from behind! Spawning in arena mode is proper loopy, although it does add to the fun and mayhem. plus you dont want to be spending time searching for combatants.
    (suggestion [sry wrong section]: give spanws values for player preference…. IE a sniper will invariably want range, whilst attacker and defenders want to be up close. Give options that somewhat favour spawn locations to lessen the frustration)

– mines at arena spawn locations. Argument for passive spawn camping spawn death traps.

– wants a little highlighter to show which weapons have been selected in the group during combat and a nice sound effect to go with it

– grinding to unlock weapons and parts. zzz
    – notification that a new part is unlocked on finishing pop-up

-garage: adding parts: where is the hex dial to see how the selected part contributes to a particular roletype (might be obvious to some, not to others. also it gives some indication of what type of exp might be earned)
    – alternatively an overall build hex dial that shows how your MAV is most likely to perform with the current setup

Added march 1st 2017
    -General description for the weapons types available and what role type(s) they apply to.
    -Description for the weapon variations. Z’s X’s 160s HD’s (obvious) [for newer and casual gamers]
    -easier to understand statistics for parts. I.e. Fire rate would make more sense as reload time in seconds. From an end user perspective this is just far easier to understand.
    – Improve the order logic of parts in the garage. As en example: Cockpits go Light, Heavy, Medium > Light, Medium Heavy, Attacker, Support, Chassis Reverse, Treads Biped ,Wheel, Hover Hex > Hover, Wheel, Tread, Biped, Reverse, Hex (open to interpretation)

February 16, 2017 at 11:12 AM #136412
    AnvildudeAnvildude
    Major
    Total posts : 1897

Not to mention that you can’t use the scroll wheel when working on that list. Or at least it doesn’t work that well.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

February 16, 2017 at 12:37 PM #136415
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2978

Not enough people know about Glacier Senpai

New amazon and No man’s pass both have hard to see command network areas.

Text too small to read in chat easily

Certain players have hidden chat names due to text coloring

Serverapi

Not enough chat commands

Rotors haven’t been added

Fallin happens too fast

The hover over part menu in the garage needs more options

Switch team button moved to the top bar

Colorizations of what map you voted for and what map is winning the selection.

Copy and paste for chat

Rsi was an inside job

Heat hp in parts.data

More buildings in maps / rocks

Guns in a group fire in order

Lightly tap a group to pinch off a single gun or two at a time

Gap between switching weapon groups

More landmine types

Explosives detector sensor

Email chain about rsi in maV to start this ball rolling

Player stats api / game stats api off the website for rsi features

A dad sized cookie

http://www.raksal.com/?content=signature
    "I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 16, 2017 at 7:57 PM #136432
    Lieutenant Colonel

Them rocket FPS and server tankers. Press F to pay respects.

"Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 16, 2017 at 8:58 PM #136439
    AnvildudeAnvildude
    Major

Tighten up hitboxes on Heavy Armour plz.

February 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM #136442
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Lieutenant Colonel

Mav opens with half of it on monitor 1 and half on monitor 2

Garage update

Floating rock on grassy creek on south side of map near the creek

Ai getting stuck

Ai picking more than one path to travel on siege

More pizza boys in ai

Command to shuffle teams

Command for humans vs bots

Glacier themed t shirt redesign!

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 18, 2017 at 4:20 PM #136480
    AxleNo7AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Sergeant
    Total posts : 342

WHEN STARTING MAV FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE FIRST MOUSE CLICK MINIMIZES THE GAME!

AFTER ALT TABBING, MOUSE NO LONGER LOCKS TO SCREEN AND WILL WANDER ONTO OTHER MONITORS! SUBSEQUENT CLICKS CAUSE THE GAME TO MINIMIZE!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 18, 2017 at 8:11 PM #136487
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Lieutenant Colonel

Larger sized CommSys (physical size)

More Wall Varients

More human buildings across the maps

Less hangups on No Mnas Pass

More hex based buttons

Released snippits of lore

More dev content on youtube

Digital High Five

Medals to be re-added to the game

More achievements added to the game

More basic maps, maybe a semi editor for setting spawns / bases for testing.

Micro AI such as tanks / turrets / etc pre-placed

Jupiter in the skyboxes

The permission to use “Bad moon rising” in videos

Change in the part sizes / offsets so they feel more connected and less separated such as the ivan series having such a huge gap between it and the part under it from that giant connection point model.

Animation for game ending via kill / base destruction

Better audio / visual information on what parts are being hurt and if they are mav critical

February 18, 2017 at 8:26 PM #136488
    Lieutenant Colonel

February 18, 2017 at 10:42 PM #136489
    AnvildudeAnvildude
    Major

Ah! Here’s something that’s been bugging me for AGES.

Do the thing so that the Buttons are the WHOLE BUTTON SHAPE, instead of just the text. I remember we learned about that when doing Flash animation, but it’s a HUGE quality of life improvement. It’s not on all buttons, but it’s definitely there on the Login button after you first boot up.

February 18, 2017 at 11:09 PM #136490
    twaldowskitwaldowski
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 91

So I’m in Outpost Alpha standing on the cliff at D4 looking down at about 60 degrees with rockets and howitzers at an AI sniper. I fire bore sight both weapons and watch as the projectiles arc down to a spot at the foot of the cliff. I think the trajectory is acting like I’m firing at ground level.

February 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM #136491
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Captain
    Total posts : 1309

Ah first world problems where you complain about it not displaying correctly on multiple monitors.
    Love it.

How about having single player teams not reset back to 121212 after every siege match.
    They dont reset after every team arena match so some consistency might be nice.

Also, the guy up on the catwalk in the garage has no way of safely getting down. He needs a ladder, a set of stairs, some kind of office, or even a door going outside the garage. The poor guy is trapped up there. Or alternatively put a couch up there with him and have him snoozing on the job all day long with a newspaper draped over his face.

That was lame.

February 19, 2017 at 4:21 AM #136492
    Lieutenant Colonel

The occasional spelling/grammar error in the tips.

February 19, 2017 at 4:28 PM #136496
    AxleNo7AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Sergeant
    Total posts : 342

Also, the guy up on the catwalk in the garage has no way of safely getting down. He needs a ladder, a set of stairs, some kind of office, or even a door going outside the garage. The poor guy is trapped up there. Or alternatively put a couch up there with him and have him snoozing on the job all day long with a newspaper draped over his face.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.