Weapons and Parts Balance Discussion 0.6.14

• February 15, 2017 at 7:44 AM #136276
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2738

All I got to say is thermals. Hawt stuff.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM #136286
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3239

When I get home I’ll update the rsi stuff and update the systems to include heat if I can.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 15, 2017 at 12:06 PM #136287
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3781

I will be doing a dev stream tonight talking about the heat. It’s not super straight forward. I broke my design rule with it.

February 15, 2017 at 4:31 PM #136308
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Sergeant Major
    Total posts : 442

I don’t know where else to put this.

February 15, 2017 at 4:54 PM #136311
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1650

Tewdrig, these are golden. “Chef burnt his hand, did not survive. ” XD

February 15, 2017 at 6:44 PM #136336
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2738

golden

Trigger warning.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 15, 2017 at 6:56 PM #136337
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1650

and duct tape is silver.

February 15, 2017 at 8:28 PM #136353
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 777

you might want to consider adding the deploy charges stat to fire suppression systems

February 15, 2017 at 9:01 PM #136356
    Anvildude
    Major
    Total posts : 1977

Are the fire suppressors a Deploy or a ‘weapon’? And can they work on other MAVs, or only the one they’re equipped to? Because I’d love to be able to ‘hose down’ an ally as a combat engineer.

Also- playing around a little with a Defender- I’m running heavy treads and heavy cockpit, and I cannot control my shots. Every hit from an enemy, though it doesn’t do too much damage (lots of armour), throws my view around like crazy, and every time I try to fire off my cannons, they have THE WORST shot grouping.

The Heavy Pits have at most 45 recoil reduction, which is ridiculous.

But what’s more ridiculous is that there are NO weapons with less than 61 Recoil Force- either 0/1 (because apparently rockets have 1 Recoil Force? What?) or 61+. And all those heavy recoil weapons are, of course, the Heavy Weapons. Which means you can’t use Cannon effectively on a build with a Heavy Pit, which means that combo as Defender is right out. You can’t even use Shotguns like that! The only Defender weapon you can use is Flamers (which are fun, btw).

Similarly, the difference in Impact Force Reduction between the Tracks and the Tanks (the two types of Tread chassis) should, I think, be swapped. The slower, heavier Tanks should be harder to knock about, and the faster, lighter Treads should be easier to throw off.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

February 15, 2017 at 9:27 PM #136357
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Sergeant Major

golden

Trigger warning.

Won’t trigger me at all anymore if cyber makes the shader on my First Medal of Honor camo shiny like the metal camos. 😉

The Heavy Pits have at most 45 recoil reduction, which is ridiculous.

I really would like to be able to fire big guns on a big cockpit. If it’s a balance thing just make ’em heavier. If you’re going for a heavy pit you’ve already thrown weight out the window.

February 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM #136363
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 777

Are the fire suppressors a Deploy or a ‘weapon’? And can they work on other MAVs, or only the one they’re equipped to? Because I’d love to be able to ‘hose down’ an ally as a combat engineer.

fire suppression systems have been confirmed to affect anything in the cone, so you can make them forward facing and hose down bitches. they also have limited uses

February 16, 2017 at 9:00 PM #136440
    Anvildude
    Major
    Total posts : 1977

Question about exactly how the Heat works- there’s passive Environmental Heat Bleed, right? Do we know what rates those are? ’cause I keep getting paranoid about lasting too long and just randomly kersploding.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

February 16, 2017 at 9:14 PM #136441
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3781

Question about exactly how the Heat works- there’s passive Environmental Heat Bleed, right? Do we know what rates those are? ’cause I keep getting paranoid about lasting too long and just randomly kersploding.

I made it very, very hard to randomly explode from heat. Right now, there is no environmental heat. You might want to check out the stream I did last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122394212

February 18, 2017 at 11:42 AM #136469
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3239

So playing some more the heat values in thermals feel lack luster to me. Everything is periwinkle or yellow. The only time we get beyond that is when something is seriously blowing up or somethings on fire in a bad way. However even being burnt sienna if your packing some radiators you’re right as rain anyway.

I want a larger color pallet for thermals so we can get a lovely 7 color heat map instead of a three color heat map.

• Black – As cold as ice, don’t want to sacrifice our love.
    • Blue – More ambient colors / more cold stuff
    • Cyan -More ambient colors / cold stuff
    • Green – Average working temperatures for less generating parts
    • Yellow – Average working temperatures but would be better to be lower
    • Orange – Threshold for taking damage, parts with low thresholds take damage here while high threshold parts take damage in the red
    • Red -Taking some damage
    • White – You’re definitely taking damage

Like if I place a bunch of radiators together I’d want to be able to make that a super cold spot that could glow on the thermals by how dark it is.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM #136470
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Sergeant Major

burnt sienna

I don’t know why that did it but that gave me an idea for a really awesome level. “The Crater” Too hot for any bases in the middle, the level is the impact crater from the comet that struck Europa. The ambient temperature could be really high so if you went there you would NEED heat mitigation and there could be lava flows or puddles of magma to avoid with lots of comet chunks rich in valuable metals sticking out all over. On either end of the crater could be two mining facilities with some buildings or whatever and some steel girders leading down into the crater for mining vehicles, but of course in our case it’d just be to fight. That might be really cool. Ash and brimstone and shit with shiny metals and lava. Cyber, THINK ABOUT IT

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.