• February 4, 2018 at 6:26 AM #144265
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3059

What are you reading?
    Do you have any recommendations?
    Just wanna talk about books?

Lets get the conversation rolling.

If anyone likes a humorous book set in space I recommend The Martian and We are many (We are Bob) they have a certain dry humor and nerdy references that satisfy the appetite for such things.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 5, 2018 at 2:52 AM #144716
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Ever read the Harry Potter Series? Definitely worth a read.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 5, 2018 at 4:44 PM #144718
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Harry Potter was definitely a fun series to read while growing up.

Going with the same relative genre Artemus Fowl was a good series too. Had a mastermind protagonist and a magically inclined hidden society. I think I like it more than Harry Potter.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 5, 2018 at 8:08 PM #144721
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 636

I always like to recommend The Stand. It’s a very interesting book, though a bit long. It’s not ‘typical’ Stephen King, from what I hear, and it was a very enjoyable read for me.

February 5, 2018 at 11:29 PM #144726
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

favorite book: bram stokers dracula

favorite book series: sherlock holmes

the professor challenger books are also great (except for land of mist) and lovecrafts dream cycle is also fantastic, i love the dream quest for unknown kadath

currently reading though? several cookbooks and trying to force myself to finish the art of war by niccolo machiavelli

March 15, 2018 at 6:30 PM #145128
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Artemis Fowl really, really got worse as it went. Like, I feel like Colfler was attempting to get the series killed, but they kept selling. Here’s hoping the movies are better.

Currently reading the Ring of Fire series, by Eric Flint and about a dozen other authors. West Virginia coal-mining town gets teleported back in time to the 17th century in the middle of Germany during the 30 Years War. ‘Murica ensues.

Also the Dinosaur Lords books. Interesting, more political than I was expecting, but interesting.

As for crispier Sci Fi, there’s about a dozen different Mars based stories I’ve read. On that stands out is Eric Flint’s Boundary series.

One of my all-time favorites is “The Redemption of Althalus” by the Eddingses. Fantasy time-travel done right. Also gods and destiny and bronze age and stuff.

But man. I just gt too many books.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

March 17, 2018 at 3:49 PM #145143
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Ring of Fire series is great. I’ve got what feels like 20 books in that series or more. I want to eventually read the Granville Gazette ones for those short stories.

Yeah fowl slowly got less cool but it was still a fun ride.

Pretty much all the Thrawn books are great.

Recently I’ve been reading a series called Star Force which is a military orientated series where alien machines invaded earth and we gotta fight off constant threats.

May 6, 2018 at 6:56 PM #145669
    realxandra
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 8

I am currently reading 101 dog tricks by Chalcy and Kyra Sundance.
    I am trying to figure out what else does my Pomeranian can do using his dog toys at home.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by realxandra.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.