0.7.4.0 Deleting Parts Directly off the MAV Retains Weight

• June 29, 2018 at 5:40 PM #145977
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

If you delete a part that is attached to the MAV, the weight is retained.

For example, if you take a cockpit with weapons attached to a pair of legs, you can delete all weapons and everything besides the cockpit, and the weight will be the same. If you take the cockpit off the chassis and put it back, the maintained weight is kept.

However, a duplicate part will have the correct weight.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

June 30, 2018 at 2:33 AM #145982
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 142

Thanks for the bugreport Legacy

June 30, 2018 at 8:21 AM #145984
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1781

That’s just another symptom of the same bug that’s already pretty well known in the discord, where if you delete a part that was still attached the attach point it held will be unusable.
    What’s going on is that parts deleted directly off the build are actually deposited elsewhere in the garage while still being attached.

In fact if you wave a part around the garage you can usually find the deleted part lurking out of sight, sometimes you can hover over it once found and grab it back.
    The attached pictures are examples where I found the deleted part behind the garage door, under the floor, and in one other case I found it somewhere behind the MAV under the 2nd floor. Where it goes is random.

Attachments:
    1. screenshot_28

screenshot_28.png

2. screenshot_31

screenshot_31.png

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.