A change to how CommSys works

• January 6, 2019 at 12:23 PM #146497
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

When you have a Commander System on your team everyone can see the friend and foe dots on the map. I was thinking about IFF and the fact that everyone sort of gets a free IFF if one person brings the system and doesn’t die.

So I was thinking what if the mav icons where grey instead of team colored on the map for everyone who doesn’t have a CommSys installed? You would still get the same details but only those who have the Auxiliary installed will know what team each dot is.

For everyone else they’d have to know “Hey that dot shouldn’t be a teammate, they can’t reach that part of the map yet.” In this way it gives the CommSys owner an advantage while not removing the full functionality to everyone else on the team.

What is everyone else’s thoughts?

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

January 8, 2019 at 10:31 PM #146505
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 643

There are already a large number of complaints about not having in-world IFF. I think removing that secondary functionality from the Commsys would make Siege mode even more un-accessible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.