A few things i\'ve noticed on [8.0.1]

• August 17, 2018 at 9:45 PM #146105
    StragesStrages
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 20

– The AI tends to sit there and take hits, not focusing on those that get close, switch targets, engage, etc. I have also noticed that the AI stands around like statues until you get close and then start firing. Howitzer-using AI’s don’t fire their weapons as often as they should, especially at ranges they can hit a target. The AI still overestimates velocity when it comes to attempting to hit a target with slow-velocity weapons.

– On some maps, there are points that you can go down, but not go uphill on. Giant Leap has one of these area, near Blue Base. The hill that has a few rocks around and an open slope that should be passable both ways is in fact, a one-way slope.

– The newest legs don’t have a turning animation, although they’ll improve overtime with later patches, likely.

"The Embodiment of Defilement reigns over his part of the galaxy." "Disturb his place at your own risk. If all goes badly, remember this." FEAR THE CASCADE

August 20, 2018 at 10:32 AM #146121
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

For the map movement one there is a maximum slope you can move up based on the chassis type. Hexapods have one of the best climbing abilities while wheels or treads can’t climb as steep of a slope. There just isn’t a good enough visualization on what can and can’t be climbed with what chassis. I really want hexapod paths to be more prominent along with hover paths but we don’t really have locations where you save a ton of time hovering from one hill to another.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags