After partial repair my MAV moved like molasses

• March 22, 2017 at 12:14 PM #137434
    twaldowskitwaldowski
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 147

So I’m in single player arena fighting a AI team of three and take quite a bit of damage to my Hunter bipeds, there was barely a sliver of red on the health bar. In my experience the bipeds really slow down if the damage gets below about 40% but in this case my mobility seems barely impaired. I hypothesize that maybe damage to the generator is a factor and since only the legs are hurt I still have speed. I make it to a repair bay but I’m being chased so I only get the bipeds up to 33%. Exiting the bay I am now barely moving.

I figure the actual bug is that the legs could move at all at near 0% and I was just toast but did not know it.

March 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM #137437
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1576

Thank goodness someone else besides myself has noticed this bug.

[0.6.12_4] Chassis limp speed doesn't properly take effect

Pretty sure it’s because the game doesn’t seem properly register you as being sufficiently damaged to apply the limp speed (instead thinking that your chassis is still at full) until after you step into a repair shed where it “recalculates” your damage state during repair and then starts to apply the limp speed until you’ve been repaired past that threshold. Hence why you’ll be much slower despite having had a partial repair. It works as intended in multiplayer but not always in single player.

March 22, 2017 at 1:29 PM #137438
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 281

Yes i have the exact same thing happening multiple times tonight

March 22, 2017 at 4:31 PM #137441
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3781

Interesting! Thank you very much for the multiple reports confirming it as it helps me eliminate quite a few issues when trying to track it down!

March 22, 2017 at 4:35 PM #137444
    twaldowskitwaldowski
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant

Just to be clear – I like the part where I can still move a full speed with 99% damage, the real bug is how the repair bay interfered with that. 🙂

March 22, 2017 at 4:37 PM #137446
    Cyberdogs7Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3781

🙂

April 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM #138070
    twaldowskitwaldowski
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant

I have a new piece of information on this behavior. I was playing Grassy Creek and my biped chassis was down to 17% but my mobility was still good. I walked through the river and the damage kicked in and I started moving a bare fraction of my full speed.

April 26, 2017 at 2:25 PM #138161
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Sergeant Major
    Total posts : 421

Got a logfile, if that helps. Should only be the one match in this logfile. Never suffered limp from damage even once until I dipped into a repair shed, at which point I was crawling.

Attachments:
    1. Log_1-2.debug

"If I want to know if something I made is overpowered I just tell Tewdrig to make a build with it." - Cyber

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.