Alienware Indie contest

• August 2, 2016 at 1:06 PM #131962
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Hey guys, help me win the Alienware developer contest! The 1st place prize includes a free Alienware computer, which I will then giveaway to the community!

Just go here and vote!
    https://na.alienwarearena.com/contest/entries/game-showcase-challenge

You may be seeing some sweet keys to Alienware cockpits go up in there as well 😉

August 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM #131964
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

If you win I demand an alien cockpit in alternative colors.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

August 2, 2016 at 2:40 PM #131966
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

I was just about to post this.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

August 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM #131982
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

You know Cyber, you need to make it more prominent on those sorts of things that you’re DOING THIS BY YOURSELF. I think a lot of people see what the game is so far and how long it’s been in development, and they get turned off it because they assume it’s being made by an incompetent dev team as opposed to a single man who’s essentially moved a mountain so far. Especially when you compare it visually to the other high fidelity stuff.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

August 3, 2016 at 9:57 PM #131987
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

You know Cyber, you need to make it more prominent on those sorts of things that you’re DOING THIS BY YOURSELF. I think a lot of people see what the game is so far and how long it’s been in development, and they get turned off it because they assume it’s being made by an incompetent dev team as opposed to a single man who’s essentially moved a mountain so far. Especially when you compare it visually to the other high fidelity stuff.

You make a valid point. People also don’t know that I don’t do this as a day job yet either. I have always been nervous about putting that out there though. I don’t want to make people thing it will never get done.

August 4, 2016 at 6:21 PM #131999
    Pilz
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 32

Actually, I thought you were doing it as a day job and was worried about the lack of progress. Not that I thought you were slacking off, I just assumed you were in like the fifth circle of code/gamedev hell.

Also I voted, and eyy, MAV is sitting pretty near the top last I checked!

August 4, 2016 at 7:39 PM #132000
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Yeah, MAV is still strickly a ‘nights and weekends’ project for me. I have a [fairly demanding] day job and a family. Maybe when I am done with all this, I will write a book on work life balance and metal health. Cause I have done it wrong a LOT, but believe I have it about right now.

August 8, 2016 at 2:46 AM #132012
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 298

MAV Alienware Stats
    Members: 16030 Are these MAV member figures real?!
    Votes: 151 that means roughly about 1% of members have voted.

August 8, 2016 at 5:41 AM #132013
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

We had a gigaway on Alienware about a month ago.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

August 8, 2016 at 8:47 AM #132014
    ShardnerShardner
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 220

Alot of them are most likely on there watching to get a chance at the pc.

"Rock is Overpowered. Paper is Fine." - Scissors

August 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM #132016
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

But forizzels, how awesome would be a red glowing alien pit bull or green glowing arrow alien pit be?

August 9, 2016 at 9:59 PM #132030
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Robocraft is catching up! We need votes! If we win, I promise I will make 2 more alien type cockpits!

August 10, 2016 at 11:14 AM #132036
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

We have Robocraft [a free game with millions of installs] scared! https://twitter.com/Robocraftgame/status/763428215683776512

August 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM #132043
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

They favorited my tweet about them actually wanting to vote for mav instead. So yay exposure.

August 14, 2016 at 7:05 AM #132068
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Last day to vote. Get those votes in.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.