Alpha 0.3.8 Bug Report

• October 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM #102133
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

I’m going to start breaking up reports into one consolidated topic per Version, and anyone else is welcome to contribute to keep the Bug Reports a bit more organized, and less sporadic.

This one is an honest mess, hate to say. I wasn’t even able to get a true session going.

Menu

1. The buttons for Multiplayer are unresponsive.
    2. No way to delete the Saved Worlds without entering the Worlds file.
    3. New World Files might overwrite old Worlds under the same name. The only reason for the might is because I’m currently unable to get into a game session, and not able to test it out.

Garage

1. Pressing ‘G’ only spawns a pair of legs, and ignores the store system. The pair of legs is not able to be moved, but only used as a base. Only once did a full M.A.V. unit appear, but it did not allow the unit to deploy, due to the currency, and possibly other reasons.
    2. No currency is given to start the collection of parts in the Garage for Campaign.
    3. On first entry into a Campaign Garage, a select few parts existed pre-purchased. The full M.A.V. spawn also occurred in the same world. I was not able to replicate.
    4. Clicking on a part to purchase in Arena does not purchase the part, nor transfer funds.
    5. The Category Selection System sometimes disappears upon entering the store.
    6. When entering the store, the Buy and Sell buttons need to be cycled in order for the parts list for sale to become visible.

Singleplayer

1. Attempting to deploy with an unfinished M.A.V. leads to an infinite loading screen.

Multiplayer

1. Clicking on the Dedicated Server while in windowed view lead to a disappearing of the mouse cursor. This instance only occurred on the first few server boots.
    2. Whether in full view or windowed, starting the Dedicated Server leads to a in-game sortie, in which you are falling infinitely as a chassis. This is what is occurring for me now as shown in the picture.

October 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM #104251
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

Thanks for the bug report!

This one is an honest mess, hate to say.

Yeah, I expected this. I tried to be as honest as possible in the blog post and the forum announcement (and also why I made the links to older builds in the download page).

Things will get better, but it was sadly required to tear down a lot to be able to build it up correctly.

I wanted to put out a build, as I was worried that by not putting out a build for over a month, you might thing work had stopped.

I would say the next really stable release will be version 0.4.0, which may still be 3 weeks away. Sorry.

October 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM #104252
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

This one is an honest mess, hate to say.

Yeah, I expected this. I tried to be as honest as possible in the blog post and the forum announcement (and also why I made the links to older builds in the download page).

Things will get better, but it was sadly required to tear down a lot to be able to build it up correctly.

I wanted to put out a build, as I was worried that by not putting out a build for over a month, you might thing work had stopped.

I would say the next really stable release will be version 0.4.0, which may still be 3 weeks away. Sorry.

At the point that the game is in right now, where all the underlying re-coding and such is going on, an update weekly would be unreal, and if it was done, it would probably be close to this, or worse. Holding off a few weeks on the releases allows you to get a chance to break and remake, to test and trial, so M.A.V. can run a lot smoother and more bug free for both ends. And even though the changes now are mainly backstage at the moment, it’s relaying the groundwork for the future.

Take your time; a quality update every few weeks or so, or, whenever you are content with the progress would be much more sufficient than a weekly may or may not be in shambles update. The current builds could still be released weekly for testing, to make bug tracking easier for you, and to keep up with the weekly release schedule.

The forum ‘Bug Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.