Alpha Release!

• August 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM #102086
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

The alpha release is officially out now! You can read about it here : http://www.bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/state-of-the-game-27-alpha-release/

This is a paid only release, but it’s priced low at $10 and that gives you all future updates.

Please post your feedback here.

Thanks for being awesome! 😀

August 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM #103967
    acat
    Private
    Total posts : 11

no thank you for being awesome

p.s. bought the alpha 😀

August 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM #103974
    ForteDS
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 25

Ok, important question. I know that you said “All future releases”, but will this $10 be the only charge we ever take, even when the beta and the “full game” is released? Or is it $10 for now, and when it’s more complete another $20, with a $10 credit for those who were here for the alpha?

Don’t get me wrong, I want to support this game, and I want this to be a smashing success, but I want to know now exactly what kind of beast I’m dealing with.

August 2, 2012 at 11:04 AM #103975
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Cyber is doing something like Minecraft did. Buy it at a cheaper price now, and help test or just to play it now, or, buy it later for a greater price when the game is in beta, or completed.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

August 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM #103976
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

@ForteDS wrote:

Ok, important question. I know that you said “All future releases”, but will this $10 be the only charge we ever take, even when the beta and the “full game” is released? Or is it $10 for now, and when it’s more complete another $20, with a $10 credit for those who were here for the alpha?

Don’t get me wrong, I want to support this game, and I want this to be a smashing success, but I want to know now exactly what kind of beast I’m dealing with.

Excellent question! Alpha funding is kind of a new thing and everyone tends to do it differently. Here is a little more detailed explanation:

Alpha release is $10. You own the game and will not ever need to buy anything again. This will include all updates up to and including the full game, plus any additional updates that get made after the ‘full release’.

Beta will likely see the price raise to $20. Again, it will only be for people that did not purchase during the Alpha funding. If you bought the game for $10, you get the beta for free.

Full game (still in debate) will likely be $30. If you have the alpha or the beta, you get it for free.

So in essence, by buying the game early, when it has less features, you end up getting the game for cheaper then people that waited until the game was finished.

This helps me fund the game and it also rewards everyone that was a fan early on.

Did that explain it any better?

August 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM #103977
    ForteDS
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 25

Ok, I see now. Yeah, I think I’ll purchase soon, just not right now.

August 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM #103989
    neo160
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 10

Woot Alpha release!!! bought myself a copy 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.