Campaign mode plan

• December 6, 2015 at 8:18 PM #127877
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

A little info-graphic I put together on campaign mode. Please share your thoughts!

December 6, 2015 at 8:46 PM #127878
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1784

Nice, would secret weapons fit in a similar manner as described in this thread? -> http://bombdogstudios.com/forums/topic/secret-weapon-ideas/

Where specific territories host a specific secret weapon and require a huge amount of resources to bring online but once brought online, the faction leader can plan out what path of territories the weapon will attempt to capture or alternatively used defensively to bolster a territory’s defenses.

December 6, 2015 at 8:53 PM #127879
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Pretty much exactly as you describe.

December 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM #127881
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

0.6.0 hype? Campaign hype? We can’t handle the hype upon hype.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 7, 2015 at 8:18 AM #127883
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3064

Oh boy, time to find my twelve threads about campaign and start porting all the stuff over.

Ohhh boy, can of worms opened up with this infograph, totes spending all tonight writing up posts.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 7, 2015 at 8:43 AM #127885
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

No spelling or grammar errors pointed out? No long threads telling me whats wrong? Just hype? My God, what have I done?!

December 7, 2015 at 9:22 AM #127886
    Tacoclaw
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 96

Lunch break = ruined.

Can’t wait to read instead of eat. 🙂

December 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM #127887
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

*bane voice* now is not the time, that comes later.

My only problem is that most of the text is blurry when I zoom in on my phone so there is some spots I can’t actually read, not sure if because phone didn’t download whole image or image isn’t high quality enough.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM #127888
    Tacoclaw
    Participant
    Sergeant

When you mention reinforcing a territory, is that something similar to Eve Online where you break the defenses and they have 24 hours to build them back up?

December 7, 2015 at 9:39 AM #127889
    Lieutenant Colonel

You asked for it. I saw a handful of missing periods at the ends of the paragraphs/introductory sentences to each area, the font for the introduction to factions/faction roles is microscopic, and have “team mates” in the Mission section as one word.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 7, 2015 at 11:26 AM #127899
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Ok, seems jpeg compression got to the image. It’s created as a Vector, so I can scale as big as needed.

Some of the missing periods are intentional, though I will give it another once over.

I have never played eve, so I can’t comment on that. The reinforcing I mention would be a real-time action, as in the base is under attack and a squad deploys down to defend, or new member join into the battle. There will be limits to this, but a single battle could last many days if reinforcements on both sides continue to deploy. There will be a redeploy timer to prevent repeated attacks from the same people. This will likely be changeable by the server admin.

December 7, 2015 at 11:46 AM #127900
    Tacoclaw
    Participant
    Sergeant

Eve is something like that, you more or less attack a structure until it’s shields are down, then the enemy has 24 hours to refill the shield supplies. Attacking after the shields drop gain you nothing until the next day.

It’s something that gives people in different time zones a chance to save their stuff when it gets attacked while they’re at work/asleep.

December 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM #127905
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

We can look into something like that with server admin control. The big thing is how many “battle” servers can a campaign server host so we have battles going on at the same time.

December 7, 2015 at 12:48 PM #127906
    Lieutenant Colonel

And for missions, as you mentioned that they could last days on end (Totally not fangirling), I’d like to see the option to have yourself retreat out of the game (doesn’t count as a death and saves your build, but you have the cool down timer on re-entering) to come back with a fresh M.A.V./different one completely. Perhaps make it so there is an area, or more likely, a whole grid line, you can go to on the attacking team for them to both spawn/retreat in. In order to retreat, there would be a long timer, let’s say one minute before the player despawns for those instances where the defenders counter attack.

Another thing that would be awesome is if the attackers can establish a forward command base on the territory they are invading after x hours on the territory.

December 7, 2015 at 2:37 PM #127911
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

That is a bit of the goal. If you bring deployables, they will stay around. There will be an area to retreat from. For the mission lasting days, it likely would not be the same people. It would look like this:

Squad A Attacks -sometime passes-> Squad B Attacks, Squad A retreats – sometime passes, Squad C attacks, Squad B retreats, and so on. I would be using multiple squads to launch a continuous attack and work around redeployment timers. It would take days because of how guarded the base is and how many reinforcements the defenders would be calling in. Imagine a structure with 1.5 million health [current HQ’a have 15000] and the need to destroy it faster than defenders could repair it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags