Crash Log Master Thread

• September 21, 2016 at 9:52 AM #132676
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Post any and all crash logs here and offer a brief description of what happened before the client crash.

Logs can be found in My Documents > My Games > Bombdog Studios > MAV > Logs

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

September 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM #132678
    Lieutenant Colonel

Was building in the Garage and then the game locked up. Alt tabbed out to see a gc error message, and then the client crashed.

Attachments:
    1. Log_1-1.debug

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

September 21, 2016 at 11:29 AM #132683
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 466

Is it still considered a crash if the whole thing seizes to the point of not even generating an error message? Whenever I load one of my MAVs from before this patch they’ll have the weapon group stuck in the middle. I can only move one of the guns regardless of build once I’ve moved everything else off of it without issue, but then when I move the final gun itself the whole game siezes up and stops working, have to kill it with the task manager. No error message. If it’s just corrupted saves I can delete them but I haven’t tried a new one yet, in the event this is a big deal.

September 21, 2016 at 11:42 AM #132689
    Lieutenant Colonel

Anything helps when it comes to crashes like this. Even if no errors are logged, the pathway might imply something.

September 21, 2016 at 11:55 AM #132692
    ShardnerShardner
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 220

That happen because of a fix to the pitbull cockpit. I got around the issue by deleting the weapons without moving them some times. I’m pretty sure this is only gonna happen with builds from pre 6.8 hot fix.

"Rock is Overpowered. Paper is Fine." - Scissors

September 21, 2016 at 12:06 PM #132693
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer

That happen because of a fix to the pitbull cockpit. I got around the issue by deleting the weapons without moving them some times. I’m pretty sure this is only gonna happen with builds from pre 6.8 hot fix.

Ah, thanks. I’ll just dump the old builds and redo them.

September 21, 2016 at 1:34 PM #132702
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

I am looking into a fix so don’t dump the builds if you really like them. You can send me the current.mech files of them to help me debug though!

September 21, 2016 at 2:52 PM #132713
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer

I am looking into a fix so don’t dump the builds if you really like them. You can send me the current.mech files of them to help me debug though!

u got it bb

Humorously, you can still deploy with the broken builds.

September 23, 2016 at 6:30 PM #132793
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

One of many in the FnF on the 23rd. Black screen after game ended.

Attachments:
    1. Log_9-1.debug

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

February 10, 2017 at 11:49 PM #136167
    twaldowski
    Participant
    Gunnery Sergeant
    Total posts : 190

Using build with slight change to increase armor durability. Launched single player siege with random map and 1 AI. Screen froze after the progress dial went to 100%.

Attachments:
    1. Log_4.debug
    March 31, 2017 at 4:58 PM #137628
    twaldowski
    Participant
    Gunnery Sergeant

Started the game, visited the garage to check on a part, returned to main, launched single player arena me versus 3, locked up about 1 minute in.

April 1, 2017 at 4:57 AM #137632
    Lieutenant Colonel

Email that to Cyber at MAV@bombdogstudios.com

When the debug logs are that big, something’s up.

April 4, 2017 at 2:43 PM #137759
    twaldowski
    Participant
    Gunnery Sergeant

Single player, Outpost Alpha, arena, two teams, 3v1 (I’m the one). I was kicking butt, taking names, slaying all who came before me (I swear!). Howitzer salvo had just hit my target – one shell center mass, then frozen. This is the second occasion in the recent past with very similar circumstances leading up to the hang up.

Attachments:
    1. Log_6.debug
    April 10, 2017 at 8:19 AM #137842
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

So, was recording my Oneshot today, doing fine, strolling with the Stronk, blasting dudes left and right and left again, and for the first time in YEARS, MAV has a hard-freeze/crash. Had to reboot it. It was okay, though, since I didn’t lose anything.

All of what was happening can be seen in the Oneshot (Number 77), but if you don’t want to drive my view-count up, I was using Centurions, and it froze exactly when one of the shells impacted with a Support-style AI, blasting some parts off and possibly killing it.

Here’s the logs from today.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

April 10, 2017 at 10:48 AM #137846
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

All of what was happening can be seen in the Oneshot (Number 77), but if you don’t want to drive my view-count up, I was using Centurions, and it froze exactly when one of the shells impacted with a Support-style AI, blasting some parts off and possibly killing it.

I found this bug when digging for the 9FPS bug and can confirm it will be fixed in April, or the hotfix when I find the 9FPS issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags