EU (and all) players

• October 19, 2016 at 1:55 PM #133574
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 298

Recently I’ve found myself on MAV bit more and whenever im on i’ll try to be on the teamspeak server too

I’m usually online most nights. Don’t hold me to that but I will be online and in-game more frequently.

Anyone in the same (or any) time zone find yourself online at the same time come in and say hi, and blast my awful builds up if you can.

Just letting you all know Im about cuz if you are playing you will probably find me on too

regards,
    Zebby

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by SamuraiZebra.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by SamuraiZebra.
    October 19, 2016 at 2:53 PM #133578
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

ive been on alot more recently too testing builds and grinding xp for the new weapons, but not on teamspeak. i often check the servers to see if anyones playing though, so maybe well catch each other at some point

October 19, 2016 at 3:08 PM #133579
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Global chat when?

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

October 19, 2016 at 3:38 PM #133580
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant

i really like battlezone ’98 redux’s multiplayer lobby menu

very practical, and informative

then there is tabletop simulators global IRC chat which is really convenient, appears everywhere, from main menu to single player to multiplayer.

and works like an MMO chatbox where you have tabs for global, and game. and i think the option to whisper to people. which could really come in handy in MAV, like you could have global, game, team, and private without needing to bind them to separate buttons.

October 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM #133586
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Join discord and it’ll show who’s online / offline and if anyone is playing mav. Sorta like a global text chat and unlike teamspeak it’s easier on my phone at work to talk with everyone.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

October 19, 2016 at 6:12 PM #133588
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

How does tabletop simulator handle chat spam and banning people?

October 19, 2016 at 6:21 PM #133589
    Lieutenant Colonel

My assumption on their system is they would have a sizable number of trusted moderators who are able to give time cool down bans/permanent chat bans for the global chat. Players would need somewhere to appeal a permanent ban if one was incorrectly given, and moderators would need a basic set of rules to abide by/tools for chat, and an icon next to their name in chat.

Considering M.A.V. isn’t a free to play, spam bots should be more or less non-existent, but for when they pop up, or someone gets too unruly, that’s what the mods are for.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

October 19, 2016 at 6:27 PM #133590
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Seems they have it hosted through a 3rd party company, along with having multiple moderator bots and ~10 moderators.

They do offer kicks, 3 hour bans, and perma bans.

Nothing about this system is out of reach for me technically. I just like having automated systems. I don’t want to create a beast that I can’t contain and pulls all my time away from actually making the game. Fighting the ~2 million spammers that hit the site every year is enough for me already 😉

October 19, 2016 at 6:34 PM #133591
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant

considering there is a checkbox for IRC theres probly a local variant it uses too. im not sure how moderating works because i dont spend much time on the global chat, but i do know there is the typical if you send more than this many messages in x amount of time you are muted for x amount of time.

October 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM #133601
    Lieutenant Colonel

I agree with what Axle said. Perhaps like one post max for every 10 seconds.

A question though. Would we have to worry about spam bots infiltrating the global chat in-game if there is a literal paywall to get the game? I know there will be the occasional bot that pops up, but they’re basically buying the game to get a perma-chat ban. You win in all of those cases. And I assume the Global Chat is only in-game only, so I really don’t understand how else spambots can infiltrate the chat.

October 19, 2016 at 8:43 PM #133608
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Rsi’s chat bot bugging out is a possibility

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

October 19, 2016 at 8:53 PM #133609
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant

im looking forward to this future

October 19, 2016 at 9:18 PM #133611
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

And I assume the Global Chat is only in-game only, so I really don’t understand how else spambots can infiltrate the chat

Not necessarily. Why not make it so you can connect even outside of the game?

October 19, 2016 at 9:54 PM #133614
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant

for the reason legacy said in that quote

October 20, 2016 at 1:13 AM #133617
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

So the easiest things to do is limit chat inputs.
    Server only accepts / sends out messages every ~5 seconds so you can only post a message every 5 seconds. Also saying the same thing over and over is ignored until 30~60 seconds after cooling down.

Then we add the ability to ignore / unignore people so you can completely block messages. This way if someone is spamming stuff you can just ignore them.

If someone is ignored a lot / hit the spam wall it could set off a flag for further moderation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.