F.A.Q. Please Start Here

• January 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM #102200
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Who are you?

My name is Chad Mauldin. Hi! I have been working in the ‘AAA’ industry for some time now, and I am breaking away to start creating my own games.

Who is part of Bombdog Studios?

It’s just me so far for the development. To help me manage and keep me up to date with the community, our moderators, Anvildude, LegacyElite84, and SergeDavid are always around to help you with anything you need.

Is M.A.V. finished?

No, M.A.V. is currently In Development. This means the game is not perfectly stable all the time and it is being worked on continuously.

How can I stay up to date on the development of M.A.V.?

A State of the Game is posted every Wednesday to the Blog[/url] section of the website.

Is there a Demo I can try and what does it give me access too?

Yes there is. Simply make an account on the Bombdog Studios website, and download the M.A.V. Installer on you Account page.

The demo will give you access to all of the content available in the current Stable build, minus Snapshot builds, Multiplayer access, and a majority of maps and parts. Basically, a very watered down version of the game. The demo also doubles as Offline mode for members who have already purchased M.A.V., but this is planned to be addressed soon.

I just bought the game. How do I download it?

Just as with the demo, return to your Account page and download the Installer.

What’s the difference between a Stable and a Snapshot build?

A Stable build is a released build of M.A.V. that is generally stable, and serves as a platform for M.A.V. between major updates. A Snapshot build is a build that adds content to the current Stable build. The more Snapshots there are, the more updates the game has between Stable builds.

How do I play the Snapshots?

Go into the in-game Options menu and select the option. Snapshots will be announced beforehand.

Is M.A.V. on Steam?

It was, but is no longer available. Information in the decision can be found here[/url].

I tried to play a multiplayer game but I couldn’t find anything and/or anyone.

While there are several members of the community hosting multiplayer servers, there is currently no guarantees that there will be a server online. You can always start one and people may join your game!

The members of the community generally host battles after the Sunday Development Stream at 10:00 – 12:00 EDT (07:00 – 09:00 PDT).

What port do I need to host a M.A.V. server?

Server information can be found here.

I am trying to run a server and it instantly crashes!

Running the Server with a GUI requires a minimal level graphics card, something that is missing on a lot of servers. To run the server in ‘noGUI’ mode, create a shortcut to MAV.exe and append the path to include these options:

MAV.exe SiegeServer -batchmode – nographics

Something happened that I really don’t think should have happened. What should I do?

Sounds like you found a bug! Head here[/url] to find out what to do.

What are the System Requirements?

The current minimum supported system requirements are as follows:

Windows 7
    Intel Core 2 2.4GHz or equivalent
    4GB RAM
    GTX 8800 or equivalent
    512MB dedicated video memory

Since the project is in active development, these are likely to change, however I don’t feel they will ever go BELOW this and I will make every effort possible for the game to run smoothly with this setup.

Why are my old forum attachments not working?

When the forums where switched from the old system to the new system in July 2015, the old attachment system could not be transferred over, and do not work anymore. Any new attached file will work however.

What are all the formatting codes that I can use on the new forums?

A working list of all acceptable bbcode and html is being compiled here.

January 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM #104775
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

Next, go to the bug section and write up a small sentence or two about what happened to cause the bug. If you really thing the bug is horrible, go ahead and send an email to MAV@Bombdogstudios.com, and attach the output_log.txt file that is found in the MAV_data folder of the MAV install location. I will respond to you to let you know I received the bug report and I will get on fixing it as soon as possible.

I finally now know what the Screenshot Button is after seven months. And I bolded and underlined a spelling error in the typeout. And this should be stickied to the top of this Discussion Page.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

January 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM #104776
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Fixed, and it is

November 22, 2013 at 2:06 AM #107032
    Lieutenant Colonel

Blanket Alert everyone. The forums are currently being hit by mass Spambots. The issue will be resolved by tomorrow morning.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 10, 2014 at 5:46 PM #108166
    StaticDet5
    Total posts : 3

I just backed the game on KickStarter, and I’m trying to drum up some more business for you (Three media requests out. Joystiq bit, but I may not be the only one that tipped them. A magazine did email me back just now, but they pointed out that there is no way they can do anything before the Kickstarter end date).

I’m trying to drum up local support. We’ve got about twenty players here (and they’ve got friends who have friends).

Is there any way to get an earlier iteration of the game? Pre-Kickstarter? I’m willing to pay the pre-kickstarter purchase price so that it’s fair to the die hard supporters who have been here since day one. I’d like to show the locals some of the interface and basic build possibilities.

Hell, would you consider putting up an early build for a free download just showcasing those items? They can see the gameplay from the videos. Let them see the build possibilities. I can get a couple of universities to pick that up pretty quickly.

February 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM #108178
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

I will consider a ‘demo’ version of the game that is just the building part.

I really appreciate the support you are drumming up!

Also, the best place to check out build variety is the Builds board.

February 11, 2014 at 5:24 AM #108197
    StaticDet5

No problem. You made an interesting game. It behooves me to drum up more support. It sounds like you’re socking the money you get right back into the dev.

I’m actually being selfish.

Thanks for the good work!

February 11, 2015 at 2:48 PM #112902
    WeaponInHand
    Participant

Just a little question.I have not been on my PC for sometime.I did buy this game the first chance I had for 10 bucks at the time.It would be over a year ago now.Anyway when I go to update will I need to pay the other 10 bucks?

February 11, 2015 at 3:31 PM #112904
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@WeaponInHand wrote:

Just a little question.I have not been on my PC for sometime.I did buy this game the first chance I had for 10 bucks at the time.It would be over a year ago now.Anyway when I go to update will I need to pay the other 10 bucks?

Once you own the game, you own it. You will always be able to jump back in and get all the updates, no matter how long it has been since you bought it.

February 11, 2015 at 5:32 PM #112905
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

@WeaponInHand wrote:

Once you own the game, you own it. You will always be able to jump back in and get all the updates, no matter how long it has been since you bought it.

That’s because Cyber is awesome and wants to get rich by making a great game and not charging the 10% of the playerbase 70% of the cost for boosts and shiney paint, even if it is gold.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

June 2, 2015 at 5:36 PM #113952
    WeaponInHand
    Participant

Cyber what was your xbl tag in Hounds?

June 3, 2015 at 4:56 AM #113958
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Megadog

July 1, 2016 at 5:34 PM #131741
    MetalForAll
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 16

What days do you guys play?

"The cars we drive say a lot about us"

July 1, 2016 at 7:19 PM #131747
    Lieutenant Colonel

We’ve been a bit scattered as of late. Your best chance is posting a time that you’ll be on in the Multiplayer thread and hopping on Teamspeak.

August 27, 2017 at 10:51 AM #140144
    Lieutenant Colonel

Think it might be best to update this sometime soon, or just take it down as a pin?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.