Facebook contest

• September 19, 2016 at 8:32 PM #132568
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

MAV has a facebok page and it just hit 8,000 likes!

https://facebook.com/BombdogStudios

To celebrate this, I am buying a lucking winner a MAV t-shirt!

Go here to enter: http://bombdogstudios.com/t-shirt-contest/

You will need the Facebook code, which is MAV8K

Good luck! Winners will be announced and contacted this Saturday!

September 19, 2016 at 9:12 PM #132569
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

II’d recommend making an Enter Button somewhere instead of hitting enter to get the information submitted. Was a tab bit confusing.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

September 19, 2016 at 9:18 PM #132570
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Problem solved. It was auto hidden for some reason.

September 19, 2016 at 9:33 PM #132571
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Only one code? I’d love like 3 different ones to track the origin such as bombdogstudios / facebook / twitter.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

September 20, 2016 at 10:12 AM #132596
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Only one code? I’d love like 3 different ones to track the origin such as bombdogstudios / facebook / twitter.

The code is to prevent bots. I can already track the source of entries.

September 20, 2016 at 12:49 PM #132603
    Lerch2000
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 89

K8VAM, whats that even mean? 🙂
    Messing with ya, good luck to all, nice to see your count +200 overnight gratz cyber (told ya some people still like you) :p

September 20, 2016 at 2:33 PM #132606
    Lieutenant Colonel

What caused the surge of likes? One of these random exposure things again?

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

September 20, 2016 at 7:27 PM #132613
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Posting videos. It’s amazing how things can grow when you actually do marketing.

Also, I got pulled into a reddit post by a MAV player that got a fair amount of traffic. https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/53dg0s/ama_request_digital_homicide_studios/

Oh, and I filled a removal request to Google to remove the old steam store page from Google search results. That got finalized recently, so I have recaptured quite a bit of traffic. Still losing the stuff from where people linked to the steam page though.

Funny side note, Valve is flat refusing to take down the community page for MAV. So that’s nice….

September 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM #132622
    Lieutenant Colonel

Isn’t there something that can legally be done about that since you left their platform?

September 20, 2016 at 8:03 PM #132624
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

I have mention of MAV in my sigs on other forums- I made sure to take down the mention of Steam as soon as you announced the split, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

September 20, 2016 at 8:46 PM #132636
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Isn’t there something that can legally be done about that since you left their platform?

Having my lawyer look at it. Don’t want to be the next developer to sue Valve! I also am treading lightly as I do want the players to always be able to access the last version of MAV on steam and they have full control of that.

But this is way off topic now.

September 21, 2016 at 7:40 AM #132668
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Hey, it’s publicity.

Though I don’t see much you’d sue for- just taking down the community page? Not a huge deal, even so.

Maybe see if you can get the Steam version reclassified as a Free to Play, and have that be the sort of ‘test’ version.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags