Focus Tank

• August 2, 2017 at 7:04 PM #139839
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1725

As it turns out, the inward jointed YAK collision issue seen in some Inverses and Biped builds, also works with non V2 Treads thanks to the absence of the back plate.

The Focus Tank is a low rider armed with twelve in-line LGT-X.Y6 Assault Rifles.
    It is capable of focusing someone down, quickly and accurately, up to the border-line sniper ranges of 830m.

Attachments:
    1. current-2.mech
    August 2, 2017 at 9:07 PM #139842
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 478

A build using Assault rifles not only as the primary, but the ONLY weapon!

I guess hell has truly frozen over 🙂

August 3, 2017 at 5:19 PM #139847
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

As it turns out the gap between the left two clusters, and the right two clusters; is just wide enough that you can aim directly at the shield of these modified Hornets (whose cockpits are so wide that it completely defeats the entire idea behind the Hornet, ugh, who built these?) and most of the shots will hit the cockpit directly, you can disable the MAV without having to destroy the shield.

Attachments:
    1. screenshot_1899

screenshot_1899.png

August 3, 2017 at 8:17 PM #139849
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 455

ugh, who built these?

Cyber. Now don’t you feel awful? Look at that, you made him cry. Next build there’s going to be tears in the code. You monster.

August 3, 2017 at 8:43 PM #139850
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 832

and here i thought it was a new player. cyber, your builds bad and you should feel bad too

August 3, 2017 at 8:55 PM #139852
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer

and here i thought it was a new player. cyber, your builds bad and you should feel bad too

It probably was, I was just poking at the fact that he’s shit talking the build of a likely new player and I know cyber doesn’t give a haypenny fuck about banter.

August 3, 2017 at 9:28 PM #139853
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 478

Everyone builds for different reasons. Take it from the king of bad builds himself.

Build and let build, is what I always say 😉

August 3, 2017 at 10:41 PM #139856
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    Chief Warrant Officer

you either build to win, or build to look good. if your builds ugly and got fat on it, im gonna rip on it mercilessly. now lets build-shame this guy until he hates MAV

August 3, 2017 at 10:53 PM #139857
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer

your builds ugly and got fat on it, im gonna rip on it mercilessly. now lets build-shame this guy until he hates MAV

BUILD SHAMING? HOW DARE YOU AS A MEMBER OF THE MAVTRIARCHY PERPETUATE THIS HATEFUL, MAVSOGINISTIC PRACTICE. EVERY SINGLE DAY PEOPLE ARE MAKING BUILDS AND TRYING THEM OUT AND THEY HAVE THE STRENGTH TO EVEN PUT THEIR BUILDS ON THE FIELD AND YOU COME IN HERE MAVSPREADING IN THE BUILD SHARING FORUM AND MAVSPLAINING IN OTHER PEOPLES’ BUILD THREADS. HOW DARE YOU. I READ YOUR POST AND STARTED SHAKING, HOW DO WE EVEN SHARE BANDWIDTH ON THE SAME INTERNET, IT’S DISGUSTING THAT YOUR RAMPANT MAVSCRIMINATION IS EVEN ALLOWED ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM. MAYBE I SHOULD CONTACT YOUR EMPLOYER AND TELL THEM YOU’RE PUSHING YOUR MAVSHAMING AND BUILD POLICING IN A PLACE WHERE CHILDREN PLAY. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FOR PEOPLE TO GET UP IN THE DAY AND POST THEIR BUILDS? LET ALONE HOW HARD IT IS TO PLAY AND WIN KNOWING THE BUILD WILL BE ONLINE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE? TAKE YOUR HORRIBLE MAVOPHOBIC IDEAS AND SHOVE THEM, MY MAVS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING YOU SAY CAN EVER CHANGE THAT.

#ugh #MAVsplaining #berthaprivilege #goldprivilege

August 4, 2017 at 5:26 AM #139858
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Build shaming? Woah, dudes, chill. This isn’t about MAVweight, it’s about the quality!

I can’t let the poor quality of a counterfeit stain the reputation of the authentic product, do you know how much of an issue counterfeiting is?
    Think about this for a minute, what if a child had been asking for a Hornet for his birthday, so the parents go looking for one in the MAV store but instead find a shady dealer who sells them a counterfeit Hornet. They mistaken the knockoff for the real thing and buy it. The child takes the knockoff out for a siege match, it breaks down in the middle of the battlefield, blows upand the child dies.

Now the parents had lost their child and guess who they’ll be pointing their pitchforks and torches at? This guy! Then I’ll go out of business from a combination of lost profits and dealing with lawsuits for the deaths of countless pilots who were let down by cheap counterfeits.
    But the counterfeits won’t stop there, they won’t care about the lives lost; they still need to make money. They’ll start copying other build manufacturers until they meet the same fate, the next one could be you!

August 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM #139860
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    Chief Warrant Officer

aye, too true fenix. learn some morals from this man tewdrig, lives are at stake

August 4, 2017 at 10:31 AM #139861
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer

This isn’t just shitposting, this is ADVANCED SHITPOSTING

August 10, 2017 at 6:26 PM #139963
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Funny thing is, I challenged myself to do my own fightin’ round the world challenge with something that’s not a cannon biped. Namely this thing.

So far:
    Blind Alley: cleared first try and recorded, no issues.
    Grassy Creek: cleared first try and recorded, no issues.
    Crater Arena: four fails and counting. EDIT: Cleared. moving on, fuck how the AI supports are somehow extremely accurate if you have the high-ground on them. Caused at least two of the fails by themselves.

August 10, 2017 at 9:36 PM #139971
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    Chief Warrant Officer

yeah ive noticed that when fighting support ai as well

August 13, 2017 at 9:17 AM #139977
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

So yeah.
    Giant Leap: The fact they generated with four scouts, a pile biped, a rocket spam tank, and a sniper that got stuck made this one pretty easy. Cleared first try. The focus tank really excels against scouts, especially in more open maps.
    Outpost Alpha: A few failed attempts but got it done.
    No Man’s Pass: Killed the first five and found the last two shooting at their own base, lol. First try.
    New Amazon: Fuck it, this map is pretty well close to impossible to beat 7 AI in with this build. The first AI is guaranteed to get the jump on you and you’ll usually lose at least one AR if not an entire cluster of them, and if they have even one inverse/biped sniper you are fucked, don’t even try, you don’t stand a chance at ever reaching it through the others let alone having enough of yourself left to kill it. At most you might kill 1-2 before you’re either outright killed, or near stripped. I gave up after something like 7-8 tries.

Edit: Care to take a guess how close to failure my victory in New Amazon was?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.