Grenade launcher reticle inconsistency

• December 6, 2017 at 4:09 PM #143769
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 87

In 1st person the top line of the reticle is at the center of the camera.
    In 3rd person the top line is much lower, has four horizontal lines rather than six, and doesn’t have a bisecting vertical line.

Attachments:
    1. screenshot_174

screenshot_174.png

2. screenshot_175

screenshot_175.png

December 17, 2017 at 4:48 PM #143894
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2511

Most likely purposeful. The first person camera is rendered differently, and different reticles are used between the two to make aiming easier.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 17, 2017 at 8:39 PM #143897
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant

With all due respect, Legacy. I found the different reticles more likely to throw my aim off than anything else.

You inspired me tho, I went on a mad quest taking several pairs of screenshots with various weapons, then cutting the third person camera out of the image and increasing it to be the same size as the first person camera, then overlapped them making the third person transparent to make the comparisons happen. Their aspect ratios are actually identical, so you can line things up 1 to 1 perfectly.
    While you are right that different sets of reticles are used for between cameras, some line up percectly while others don’t line up. You might want to have a look at this.

https://imgur.com/a/Ln3J0

December 17, 2017 at 10:00 PM #143898
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 623

Great post Toast!

This is incredibly helpful to me because I have 2 different crosshair systems, depending on the complexity needed for each one. The ones that all line up are the ‘simple’ system, while the ones that are offset are the ‘complex’ system. This shows me that I obviously have an issue to resolve with the complex system!

December 18, 2017 at 11:13 AM #143900
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant

Hey! That rhymes!

Why, thank you. It feels nice being helpful for once.

December 18, 2017 at 8:13 PM #143910
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2511

I stand corrected. Great find Toast.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 23, 2017 at 3:42 PM #143937
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1779

Yeah, nice job.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.