Guess I'll Do One Of These

• June 5, 2016 at 1:07 AM #131352
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 46

Well, let’s see. I knew about MAV a long time ago, back when it was something of a fever dream and had like, 20 parts total or something. Rediscovered it a few days ago and fell in love with how it seems like it’s developing. The nostalgia I feel when building hounds- erm, MAVs is certainly enough to bring a single manly tear to my eye.

Chromehounds was a blast but gone too soon, and MAV will hopefully fill that void. Armored Core and MWO just don’t quite do it (both are hella fun though).

Personally, I’m a freshly-graduated engineer with my sights set on building walking tanks for a living. Guess I’m playing the right game. With a lean diet of giant robot games, anime, and an engineering degree, what could go wrong?

I also have a deviantart, if anyone wants to check that junk out: kojimastorm.deviantart.com

Aaand I’m looking forward to nursing my slowly-growing relapse into the wonderful addiction that is hexagonal hard-point construction :3

Rafzakael's whipping boy

June 5, 2016 at 10:39 PM #131371
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Glad to have you around!

June 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM #131372
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

First off, good to have you. Second, do you know about Megabots? There’s people developing Mecha for international sporting bouts, ala G Gundam- Currently we’ve got America vs. Japan going on, but hopefully it’ll grow into a more popular thing. They might be looking for a Walking Tank engineer- or maybe you might be able to start up your own!

That and Battlebots. If you can make a viable walker in Battlebots, you can make one for anything.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

June 6, 2016 at 2:13 PM #131373
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Megabots, talk about unf. I remember finding the KURATAS machine years ago when it first debuted, and when Suidobashi agreed to Megabots’ challenge last year, I hit the freaking roof. I’d love to maybe start my own company like that someday, but for now, I’ll stick to giant robit walking simulators :3

Rafzakael's whipping boy

June 6, 2016 at 2:25 PM #131374
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Welcome aboard, I see you mentioned animu, tell us more like you top 5.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

June 6, 2016 at 2:40 PM #131375
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Top 5? Eh, I dunno. In no particular order I’d have to say Nichijou, Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, any given Gundam arc, and of course DBZ, though I guess most peple don’t consider that one anime
    Oh, and FLCL was pretty dope

Rafzakael's whipping boy

June 6, 2016 at 7:58 PM #131382
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major

Blegh. Gundam. I understand that the story is good, and it’s great that such a heavy sci-fi is so popular, but I just can’t stand the Mecha portions of it- the sound effects are horrible and super out of date, and I’ve never liked the super-humanoid bots that they use.

June 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM #131400
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

MAV DLC: arms and heads :3

Rafzakael's whipping boy

June 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM #131401
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major

I was just thinking that, once the Large Melee Mass Driver weapons come in, all we need is a fancy art deco pointy bit, and we could make Big Os.

June 12, 2016 at 2:19 PM #131449
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Awww yiss, skirtguns for daaaaays

Also, this game needs piledrivers, because what mech game is complete without donkeypunchers?

Rafzakael's whipping boy

June 12, 2016 at 3:02 PM #131451
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

We’re waiting for piles, I’d totally convert all the bots on my servers to pile karts and do team arena with bots vs humans.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

June 15, 2016 at 10:02 AM #131477
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Yaaaas, jousting tournaments galore. Maybe we could have heat piles too, for damaging and heat-spiking opponents at the same time.

Screw it, lemme just affix a crane boom with a wrecking ball to my MAV. Or a mining drill. Let’s get some industrialmechs up in this bitch

Rafzakael's whipping boy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.