Guess I'll Do One Of These

• June 5, 2016 at 1:07 AM #131352
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 46

Well, let’s see. I knew about MAV a long time ago, back when it was something of a fever dream and had like, 20 parts total or something. Rediscovered it a few days ago and fell in love with how it seems like it’s developing. The nostalgia I feel when building hounds- erm, MAVs is certainly enough to bring a single manly tear to my eye.

Chromehounds was a blast but gone too soon, and MAV will hopefully fill that void. Armored Core and MWO just don’t quite do it (both are hella fun though).

Personally, I’m a freshly-graduated engineer with my sights set on building walking tanks for a living. Guess I’m playing the right game. With a lean diet of giant robot games, anime, and an engineering degree, what could go wrong?

I also have a deviantart, if anyone wants to check that junk out: kojimastorm.deviantart.com

Aaand I’m looking forward to nursing my slowly-growing relapse into the wonderful addiction that is hexagonal hard-point construction :3

June 5, 2016 at 10:39 PM #131371
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

Glad to have you around!

June 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM #131372
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

First off, good to have you. Second, do you know about Megabots? There’s people developing Mecha for international sporting bouts, ala G Gundam- Currently we’ve got America vs. Japan going on, but hopefully it’ll grow into a more popular thing. They might be looking for a Walking Tank engineer- or maybe you might be able to start up your own!

That and Battlebots. If you can make a viable walker in Battlebots, you can make one for anything.

June 6, 2016 at 2:13 PM #131373
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Megabots, talk about unf. I remember finding the KURATAS machine years ago when it first debuted, and when Suidobashi agreed to Megabots’ challenge last year, I hit the freaking roof. I’d love to maybe start my own company like that someday, but for now, I’ll stick to giant robit walking simulators :3

June 6, 2016 at 2:25 PM #131374
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Welcome aboard, I see you mentioned animu, tell us more like you top 5.

June 6, 2016 at 2:40 PM #131375
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Top 5? Eh, I dunno. In no particular order I’d have to say Nichijou, Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, any given Gundam arc, and of course DBZ, though I guess most peple don’t consider that one anime
    Oh, and FLCL was pretty dope

June 6, 2016 at 7:58 PM #131382
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major

Blegh. Gundam. I understand that the story is good, and it’s great that such a heavy sci-fi is so popular, but I just can’t stand the Mecha portions of it- the sound effects are horrible and super out of date, and I’ve never liked the super-humanoid bots that they use.

June 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM #131400
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

MAV DLC: arms and heads :3

June 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM #131401
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major

I was just thinking that, once the Large Melee Mass Driver weapons come in, all we need is a fancy art deco pointy bit, and we could make Big Os.

June 12, 2016 at 2:19 PM #131449
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Awww yiss, skirtguns for daaaaays

Also, this game needs piledrivers, because what mech game is complete without donkeypunchers?

June 12, 2016 at 3:02 PM #131451
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

We’re waiting for piles, I’d totally convert all the bots on my servers to pile karts and do team arena with bots vs humans.

June 15, 2016 at 10:02 AM #131477
    SmuttySmutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Yaaaas, jousting tournaments galore. Maybe we could have heat piles too, for damaging and heat-spiking opponents at the same time.

Screw it, lemme just affix a crane boom with a wrecking ball to my MAV. Or a mining drill. Let’s get some industrialmechs up in this bitch

The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.