Hello!

• January 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM #102719
    Jackarunda
    Participant
    Total posts : 3

Hi!
    First of all I’d like to say that I am absolutely ELATED to have found this today. Not only a Chromehounds remake, but an INDY one, and on that’s in active, frequent development at that.

I played Chromehounds avidly for years, or at least it felt like years, dunno how long, and I somehow never tired of it. Needless to say, I was devastated when the servers were shutdown.

Other mech games.. just.. never quite cut it. Nowhere near as much customization, ingenuity, plausibility, ugh. Giant robots trouncing around on legs with guns on arms, flying, sliding, horrendously implausible concepts (two jump jets on the back do not a balanced flight vehicle make; HOW DO I PHYSICS??). Oh cool, I get to choose between THREE weapon categories with THREE weapons in each one! We’re back to rock-paper-scissors are we?

I want to see this fly to fame and I’ll help in whatever way I can (though since I’m only a noob at game dev, making simple mods for simple games, my contributions will likely be less technical in nature).

First question though:
    I downloaded the game from somewhere, dunno where, it’s hard to know where to go to get the download.. I had to resort to random Googling. This of course was after I payed 10 bucks on Paypal and created my account. Issue is, though, that I didn’t follow Paypal back to the site (like a moron), and now I’m not sure what to do. When I start the game (run as admin), it starts up and says that my game is out of date. So I click “get latest version”, it shuts down and opens the BombDog website homepage in Chrome. I have no clue what to do. Pressing “continue” takes me to the main menu but I have no cursor control, so iunno. Any help?

January 21, 2014 at 11:48 PM #107620
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

Hey!

So, sounds like you have a few issues going on all at once.

It’s likely your account didn’t auto activate, I will look into but send a mail to MAV@Bombdogstudios.com with you MAV username.

Also, I imagine since your account didn’t activate, you didn’t get the link to the installer. You managed to find a really old build from when the game was free (over 18 months ago). You can just delete it, it is too old to have the auto updater.

Once your account is active, you will have a link to download the game on your user page.

edit: I just checked and I believe I found your account and I manually upgraded it. Check your user page for the download link.

January 22, 2014 at 12:23 AM #107622
    Jackarunda
    Participant
    Total posts : 3

So cool! Thanks a lot. I’ll play around with it when I get home.

XD

The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.