Help Squash Bugs

• March 19, 2015 at 3:30 PM #103638
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

In the case of coming across any bug, please E-Mail the Log file(s) to MAV@bombdogstudios.com, along with a description of the bug itself and when it occurred. To find the .debug files, go to Documents> My Games> Bombdog Studios> Logs. These reports will greatly assist in speeding up development and keeping stability as the game progresses, so all logs and reports are very appreciated.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

March 19, 2015 at 4:48 PM #113474
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

As a side note
    @Cyberdogs7 wrote:

Disregard the custom events, those are just there for testing the system. They will be in every log file.

The exception events are important though!

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

March 21, 2015 at 12:22 AM #113483
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

I don’t have any specifics to put in, but I might as well drop my debug files somewhere, and I guess this would be a good thread to make the generic ‘drop your logs in case there’s bugs you didn’t see’ thread.

I do notice there’s 2 logs- I’ll upload the bigger of the two (which is Log_1.debug)- if I should put in the second as well, let me know.

And the extension is still not allowed. Hrm.

Whelp, I’ll just send it to the email, then.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

March 21, 2015 at 12:28 AM #113484
    Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, the .debug files apparently don’t want to work here, so E-Mail is the way to go.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

March 21, 2015 at 1:45 AM #113485
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

@Anvildude wrote:

I do notice there’s 2 logs-

It appears each time you start up a new version of M.A.V. it creates it’s own log file. So if you have 3 instances of M.A.V. running they would each have their own log file, and then the next time you run M.A.V. like the next day that will have the next numbered log file.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

March 21, 2015 at 2:42 AM #113487
    Lieutenant Colonel

Pretty smart if you ask me. If you only have an instance occur during one playthrough, you can give Cyber that direct log file and nothing else. A lot less to comb through.

March 21, 2015 at 4:15 AM #113488
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

It rolls through 10 log files. I can increase it or decrease it easy enough, but wanted to start at 10

March 21, 2015 at 4:48 AM #113489
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

It rolls through 10 log files. I can increase it or decrease it easy enough, but wanted to start at 10

I’m on number 11 D:

March 21, 2015 at 6:39 AM #113490
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

0 index miscalculation. So, logs go up to 11!

March 21, 2015 at 6:42 AM #113491
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

0 index miscalculation. So, logs go up to 11!

March 21, 2015 at 1:09 PM #113493
    Lieutenant Colonel

How long were you waiting to use that picture?

May 6, 2015 at 9:25 PM #113791
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

@LegacyElite84 wrote:

How long were you waiting to use that picture?

About 10 minutes.

Anyway forgot to upload this earlier, didn’t want to make a thread for it but it was interesting finding this graphical glitch. Probably had to do with when I hit the switch mav button.

[attachment=0:3fstpn95]screenshot_141.png[/attachment:3fstpn95]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.