How To Locate and Post Your M.A.V. Builds

• December 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM #102666
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

For those of you who are interested in posting your Builds up here on the forums, here is how to do it. Please note that in order to see the .mech/.data, file extensions must be enabled on your computer.

The current.mech file is the file which contains your most recently saved build in your Garage. Please note that this build must be valid in order for it to be saved to the current.mech file. The file is located in Documents> My Games> Bombdog Studios> MAV> SaveGame.

There is another file in this folder called Builds.data. This file contains your entire library of saved Builds.

To upload the file to the Forums, use the ‘Upload Attachments’ option while making your post, locate the file, and add it.

To allow for builds to be known before being downloaded by other players, please provide a description and/or a screenshot of your Build along with the current.mech file. To take a Screenshot, the default button is F9 In-Game. The Screenshots are then transferred to Documents> My Games> Bombdog Studios> MAV> ScreenShots.

As of the new forum update, in order for a downloaded build from the forums to work, make sure the name reads current.mech. The same goes for the Builds.data file.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

October 13, 2014 at 3:14 AM #112176
    silvermeade
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 6

What about if you have steam? I have looked but am unable to find it

October 13, 2014 at 4:20 AM #112177
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

@silvermeade wrote:

What about if you have steam? I have looked but am unable to find it

Should be the same if you have steam

October 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM #112178
    silvermeade
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 6

Oh, “Documents” did not register in my mind last night thanks.

September 26, 2015 at 11:14 PM #127330
    Lieutenant Colonel

Updated to compensate for the partial renaming of current.mech files by the forums.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

September 28, 2015 at 4:36 PM #127341
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Not sure what you mean by the partial renaming?

Also, build.data files should not be linked to accounts anymore. I believe I fixed that a long time ago.

September 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM #127342
    Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks for the update on the builds.data. It’s now fixed. And head over to the most recent Builds threads and you can see the file named such as current6.mech in Fenix’s thread or in the case of my thread, current7.mech.

September 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM #127343
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1786

Yeah, each current.mech file is uniquely numbered in the order they’re uploaded.

So far:

current3.mech is Armoured Sniper V2 (Arena)
    current4.mech is Armoured Sniper V2 (Siege)
    current5.mech is Punisher
    current6.mech is Crucio
    current7.mech is HD Five Banger

(For those of you wondering; 1 and 2 were both Armoured Sniper V2 (Siege), I messed up and deleted them both. So as it turns out, even a deleted build keeps the number to itself as far as the site is concerned. )

In order to use them you have to rename the file to remove the number while it’s in your downloads and move it into your save file, then click replace when given the option.

September 29, 2015 at 5:20 PM #127349
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Ah, I am with you. Yeah, that is a limitation of the upload system, handling duplicate file names. I will see if I can fix it at all.

October 8, 2015 at 11:52 PM #127394
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Looks like you succeeded in fixing the duplicate filename issue. The Desolator doesn’t have a number in its current.mech file.

October 9, 2015 at 2:25 AM #127399
    Lieutenant Colonel

Not fixed yet. I just posted one and it came out as current1.mech.

October 9, 2015 at 3:06 AM #127401
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Well, that’s unfortunate.

October 9, 2015 at 4:07 AM #127402
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

I haven’t done anything to address it.

October 9, 2015 at 4:11 AM #127403
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Figured it out. It creates folders for each month, so the one Fenix posted was the first build of October.

October 9, 2015 at 1:55 PM #127404
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Oh. Makes sense.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.