I hath returned..

• August 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM #140019
    Gridlock1011
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 28

I’ve been away for a year.. or two.. but now I’m back, and it looks like the community has grown alot, I’m really excited about that, and the game itself too looks like it’s grown alot

We are all but ash in the wind...

August 18, 2017 at 12:11 PM #140020
    Gridlock1011
    Participant
    Private First Class

If somebody could give me a rundown about what is currently in the game that would be wonderful, I’m usually in the concepts section and would hate to suggest something that already exists

August 18, 2017 at 12:19 PM #140021
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

well theres a lot in the game, and this list is subject to change since another huge update is coming at the end of the month.

let me try to guess what would be new to you

-hexapod chassis
    -hover chassis?
    -heavy weapons(heavy howitzers like double doubles, heavy rockets, and a railgun)
    -heat vision and a heat system(including new parts such as radiators and fire supression devices)
    -new cockpits(thin ones like the hawk and the eagle, wide ones like the dragon, and super heavy ones like the skar)
    -new maps(no mans pass and grassy creek)
    -armor stat now represents splash resistance(explosive weaponry)
    -new generators
    -new armor parts
    -new spacers
    -tons of rebalancing
    -new menu ui
    -and more?

August 18, 2017 at 3:19 PM #140025
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1786

It’s actually been three years for you, wow, welcome back bud.

Axle did a pretty decent job but I’ll just tack on a few to Axle’s list
    -Mining spikes (aka Piles)
    -Fall damage (hover chassis is immune to it)
    -New turrets (the rocket turrets you might remember are long gone; currently we have machine gun turrets (aka “turret”) which carries two machine guns and two shotguns, sniper turrets, armoured turrets which have twin cannons and are protected on the sides by armour plates, Heavy turrets which have flame throwers and shotguns, and Howitzer turrets.
    -AI no longer generate their own builds, instead they use the community’s creations. Affectionately referred to as the Skynet system.
    -AI difficulty settings.
    -AI can use deployables (though they’re currently bugged, if an AI has multiple turret deploys they will overlap and damage one another)
    -Mines and flame mines.
    -Explosive weapons do double damage to bases (howitzers, rockets, etc).
    -Single player teams can be set however you want.
    -New camo patterns.
    -Uplinks are somewhat bigger.
    -Other new cockpits that Axle missed (*cough* wide but highly stable hammerhead cockpits *cough*).
    -Memes revolving around Cyber.
    -Cyber has a second account for some reason.
    -Optimizations galore.
    -Oil silos and other explosive buildings like those on Giant Leap damage nearby MAVs upon exploding. Same goes for repair sheds.
    -MAVs and deployables such as walls, repair sheds, and turrets have been re-textured.
    -Blockade deploy (concrete tetrapod)

August 18, 2017 at 3:36 PM #140026
    Gridlock1011
    Participant
    Private First Class

Tell me about the railgun

August 18, 2017 at 3:45 PM #140027
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Their tracers are super sexy and sometimes they can hit multiple parts / pass through parts without hurting them. They don’t have noticeable bullet drop until after 2,000 meters but their accuracy at that range isn’t the best, especially because of their high recoil values when firing more than one at a time.

next update is scheduled for around the 30th of this month

“-Cyber has a second account for some reason.” People don’t reconize cyberdogs as bombdogs so he made the bombdogs to be reconizable by new players.

The Rak Sal Industries website http://www.raksal.com has more features and stuff and we’ve got a patreon to help support all that we do.

We’ve moved from Teamspeak to Discord for voice comms and chilling around discord.raksal.com is the link.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

August 18, 2017 at 3:50 PM #140028
    Gridlock1011
    Participant
    Private First Class

Good to know, sounds like some of my railgun concept ideas made it into the end design which is neat, we’ll I was just wondering what was implemented so I don’t come up with preexisting concepts lol, well I have imagining to go do lol

August 18, 2017 at 3:50 PM #140029
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Essentially just a really big sniper rifle, the Rail Gun fires an extremely fast-moving high-damage slug has a range of about 2000m with no bullet drop, and has the potential to strike multiple parts in a line; if you can see and aim at someone half way across the map, you can hit him.

Its fire rate is slow and it is fairly awkward to build around due to its size, immense recoil, and limited connection points (and plagued with collision issues), and extremely limited ammo capacity, so they’re not seen often compared to the traditional sniper rifles.

*Edit* Damnit Serge, you fucking ninja’d me.

August 18, 2017 at 3:53 PM #140030
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 643

I am BombdogStudios on Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and it’s the name of the company. It was really weird for people to then get responses from ‘Cyberdogs7’.

August 18, 2017 at 3:55 PM #140031
    Gridlock1011
    Participant
    Private First Class

Right, i remember cyberdogs7 though, man, it’s good to be back, I just need a pc now lol

August 18, 2017 at 9:13 PM #140037
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

jesus i missed alot, its hard to remember changes when your playing the game daily for years. unless your some sort of turbo nerd…

August 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM #140038
    Gridlock1011
    Participant
    Private First Class

Lol, I feel that

August 23, 2017 at 2:14 PM #140093
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 298

Welcome back! I”ve been away playing some other game until the update.

zebby

August 23, 2017 at 4:56 PM #140103
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

I feel like that might be a dig at me and my involvement with the wiki / changelog on rak sal’s website.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

August 23, 2017 at 5:12 PM #140105
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Nah, it’s probably just me.

Funny thing is there’s a couple more I forgot to mention.

-Bases in siege mode have been retextured.
    -AI no longer stands in one spot staring at a particular blade of grass whilst plotting the global extinction of humanity.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.