Is there an upper limit to AI player list?

• February 1, 2018 at 7:07 AM #144171
    Mr_Engino
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 7

Finally got MAV activated so I can move away from steam. I have noticed that with the single player mode, you can add a lot of AI players; and I do mean A LOT. Just curious, what exactly is the upper limit to the number of AI players one could add to the game before it crashes? (I know this could/should be posted in support-questions, but I feel this isn’t a support type post.)

February 1, 2018 at 7:52 AM #144172
    Rusty ShacklefordRusty Shackleford
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 244

It probably depends a lot on your computer, the type of AI that spawn, and the map you’re playing on. I’ve spectated up to 24 AI with decent FPS, and I’ve taken it to points where framerate is unplayable too, but I’ve never just had it outright crash because of AI count. The most I have tried so far was 48 AI players on Grassy Creek.

M.A.V. HD on Youtube and @RustEShacky on Twitter

February 1, 2018 at 9:05 AM #144177
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 643

The way the AI is designed it will never hit a CPU limit. You will crash out due to video related drawing long before the AI becomes an issue. Drawing the AI MAV on screen is 1000x time more expensive than running the AI ‘brain’.

February 1, 2018 at 10:07 AM #144178
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Some maps have a limit where they could run out of spawns and then the game will end. This is known to happen on Outpost Alpha’s Siege.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 1, 2018 at 12:53 PM #144182
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer

Some maps have a limit where they could run out of spawns and then the game will end. This is known to happen on Outpost Alpha’s Siege.

Show me that happening in a recent build.

February 1, 2018 at 3:53 PM #144184
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

haven’t tried in a recent one but we will see

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 1, 2018 at 5:34 PM #144186
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1787

Well, the game can spawn 69 ai on one side in blind alley. Unfortunately the only evidence I have that this match took place is this corrupted video file. The game froze when I tried to click exit mav on the main menu afterwords.

February 1, 2018 at 7:37 PM #144195
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer

So, how was that match? Did you win? haha

February 1, 2018 at 7:53 PM #144197
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 88

I’m curious too. My money’s on the bots.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.