• February 3, 2014 at 3:17 PM #102756
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Both campaigns are now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1509489292/mav-modular-assault-vehicle

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213963346

Please, spread the word as much as possible! The are some places that I, as the project creator, can just not post it (I am looking at you reddit!) because it is against the rules.

February 4, 2014 at 3:33 PM #107916
    pharomachrus
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 221

I’ve been in the throes of insomnia all night, and checking in on the Kickstarter occasionally. It just passed the $5000 mark! Not bad for day 1!

February 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM #107922
    basrrf
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 210

Hello, I have a question about the Kick-starter! If I pledge, say, enough to achieve Harbinger status, I will get another copy of the game, yes? How will that work out? Will it be a code or what? Can I gift this “code” to someone I know?

Thanks in advanced! 😀 Good luck on the goal!

Basrrf
    Columbus, OH

"We are all just bricks in the house of life." - Brick Scotch, 2015

February 5, 2014 at 1:46 AM #107923
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Hey guys and girls of M.A.V. .

We already have a great start, but I want to see these two things go over the top. Poke around all of your favorite media sites and whatnot and give a shout-out to your favorite Indie Game Reviewer(s) and let this game be known for what its’ truly worth.

Even if it’s just one person or Reviewer you tell, every little bit helps. The better we do here, the faster we’ll see M.A.V. to the fruition it deserves.

I want to see that very closely knit community from Chromehounds to be able to pick up here, and I think this will be a great way to help start the rebuilding process.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM #107941
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 298

@LegacyElite84 wrote:

Poke around all of your favorite media sites and whatnot and give a shout-out to your favorite Indie Game Reviewer(s) and let this game be known for what its’ truly worth.

Even if it’s just one person or Reviewer you tell, every little bit helps. The better we do here, the faster we’ll see M.A.V. to the fruition it deserves.

This. It’s what all of us should be doing, getting involved Tweeting, Facebook-ing, other forum posts, everything! 😉

February 5, 2014 at 4:03 PM #107948
    CaptainAnt
    Private
    Total posts : 9

In terms of getting more eyes on the game, what sort of avenues are y’all planning on pursuing? I ask because I am a member of a computing organization (ACM) at my university and we have a LAN party coming up in a couple weeks and it’d be fun to be able to show this game off to some people there!

We have a “tournament” each LAN party that features several games and it’d be tons of fun to be able to incorporate MAV into that somehow. Our attendance is usually around 40 or 50 or so and around 30 or more of those folks are heavy PC gamers, so there’s an audience to be had there I think.

Just throwing an idea out there =p

February 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM #107949
    Lieutenant Colonel

That’s one way.

Considering this game has quite a learning curve, if you could propose the game to them and get their help with the Kickstarter, and once the Kickstarter finishes, you could have the Tournament when the Game Codes are given out. If you guys record it and get it up on Youtube as well, or tell me when it is so I could get some footage, it’d be great to see a large number of people playing a Multiplayer Game.

As for me, I’ve been using my Youtube Page as well as contacting the various Indie Game Reviewers out there.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

February 6, 2014 at 7:12 AM #107984
    Soultwister
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 33

I created a Facepunch account since even though the topic was really well done, it didn’t even ‘survive’ a day since the last post was 2 days ago and it was a 2-3 pages deep which from what I experience is basically hidden. The topic is now on the front page and has some interest in it again. I also have a topic on GameFAQs PC board which has generated some interest (or at least people voting for the Greenlight).

It might be helpful for people who post topics try to keep them active. Of course I don’t mean spamming but topics can get lost quickly sometimes especially if they are for relatively unknown things. A place to look to try to bring this game across to more people is Reddit, the only major post I saw (which introduced me to the game) was on /r/games (there was something on /r/gaming but it generated no comments at all).

I hope this project goes well so we can get the best game out of it and if my help gets people interested in it I will be happy 😀

February 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM #107985
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@basrrf wrote:

Hello, I have a question about the Kick-starter! If I pledge, say, enough to achieve Harbinger status, I will get another copy of the game, yes? How will that work out? Will it be a code or what? Can I gift this “code” to someone I know?

Thanks in advanced! 😀 Good luck on the goal!

I am still working out how to handle Alpha member that pledge.

Since you are a special group, I don’t mind giving you a code for an account that has your kickstarter pledge rewards on it and also adding your pledge rewards to your alpha account.

So you get 2 accounts with the pledge rewards and one of them ALSO has the alpha rewards. I think that is the most fair way to do it, what do you think?

February 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM #107986
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@Soultwister wrote:

It might be helpful for people who post topics try to keep them active. Of course I don’t mean spamming but topics can get lost quickly sometimes especially if they are for relatively unknown things. A place to look to try to bring this game across to more people is Reddit, the only major post I saw (which introduced me to the game) was on /r/games (there was something on /r/gaming but it generated no comments at all).

Reddit is BIG. You guys are awesome, but so far the traffic from reddit has produced the most number of backers and the most dollars backed. I tried setting up some reddit ads, but their ads system sucks, triggered a fraud alert (because it tried to charge me 5 times) and now my bank account in on hold and my bank card is canceled. Fun times ;/

February 6, 2014 at 1:17 PM #107989
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    February 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM #107996
    Soultwister
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 33

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

Reddit is BIG. You guys are awesome, but so far the traffic from reddit has produced the most number of backers and the most dollars backed. I tried setting up some reddit ads, but their ads system sucks, triggered a fraud alert (because it tried to charge me 5 times) and now my bank account in on hold and my bank card is canceled. Fun times ;/

Shows how much I know 🙄

Hopefully with the coverage by Kotaku there is a snowball effect with the other big game sites picking the story up.

February 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM #107999
    Da Smiter
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 7

i am a long time chrome hounds player and i’m really happy this got to this level i didn’t want to get my hopes up but this is really coming along and i’m getting it today!!! also i would like to thank Chad Mauldin for making all of are dream come true bringing the game back to life …. and if Chad Mauldin can get back to me asap to talk about funding of this game i would like to help as much as possible, thanks for your time guys see you on the battlefield ..

February 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM #108000
    Lieutenant Colonel

A good amount of the Funding Information is already on the Kickstarter Page. Currently, that’s the best way you can help with funding.

To do even more, spread the word about this whole project.

February 6, 2014 at 6:09 PM #108001
    Da Smiter
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 7

i can’t find were to buy the alpha on the web site can someone point it out ?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.