Load out screen

• July 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM #102080
    Geofferic
    Total posts : 3

Am I missing something?

I’m finding it virtually impossible to place the weapons. Trying to get them to “snap” onto the chassis is highly frustrating. After no less than 15 minutes of trying to mount a sniping weapon to the top of the middle weight chassis, I gave up and just played with the base configuration.

Then I tried a game with a heavy chassis and could find no way to mount anything on to the far side of the chassis that wasn’t “invalid”. It desperately needs an explanation of why something is invalid, too.

The controls seemed ok. I desperately wanted jump jets. lol Also, must be able to use the scroll wheel to cycle weapon groups.

Seems fantastic visuals should be more fantastic. I assume this is just a lack of art at this stage.

When in fantastic mode and taking fire, the walkers legs do not move in time with its movement speed. Looks a bit odd.

How do I group weapons? I can set one weapon to each weapon group, but I can’t figure out how to set multiple weapons per group.

July 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM #103933
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

Hey, sorry I don’t have it listed anywhere for the editor, but, if you right-click and drag you can rotate the camera around. That should help significantly with the issues you seem to be having.

About the art, none of it is final. I am the only developer, so I have been focusing on the gameplay and general code, only updating the art as needed.

For the weapon groups, just use the arrow keys to highlight the other weapons you want and hit enter to add them. I plan to redo this and change it to a mouse based selection system. (Will happen in ~ 2 weeks)

Let me know if that helps!

July 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM #103934
    Geofferic

Hmmm… it didn’t work for me (I tried rt-click to move the screen), but maybe I goofed. Will test and let you know. Thanks for the reply and the game seems fun to me for its state of development!

Do you plan to add any sort of single player story mode? I still fondly remember The Crescent Hawk’s Inception … 🙂 Or, at least, to build the game such that a story mode is moddable?

July 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM #103935
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

I am personally not a big story based gamer, so I haven’t planned on any type for single player story mode.

My goal is to just create a world that you can have fun in. Period. Some times this means having a story, but I think more so it requires a place that you can explore and discover and create your own stories in.

You are not the first person to ask about story though, so it will be something I start thinking about.

July 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM #103936
    Geofferic

Well, if the world is large enough and developed enough with things to discover, and especially if there is a way to exit the mechs and interact with the environment on a different level, then a story will develop naturally.

July 29, 2012 at 1:10 AM #103937
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Well, lets put it this way. Who really played Chromehounds for the gripping story-line?

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.