M.A.V. "Old School" Schematics

• April 12, 2017 at 8:47 AM #137897
    carmenara
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 47

Inspired by the days of monochrome monitors and detailed 2D damage schematics like those in old Mechcommander games.

Here is my TMB-1 Tombstone fire support mech.

TMB-1 Tombstone Support Mech

http://i.imgur.com/o6jBaHO.png
    http://i.imgur.com/4UkOd8c.png

Full size images below (1280×1080):
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/227049486344650753/301742273505525771/MAV_Tombstone_Support_Mech_-_G_copy.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/227811041126514689/301737031145357314/MAV_Tombstone_Support_Mech_copy.png

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by carmenara.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by carmenara.
    April 12, 2017 at 9:32 AM #137902
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

I love these when the popped up on discord and I still love em, now we just need a side and top view of it! πŸ˜€

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

April 12, 2017 at 11:33 AM #137909
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 298

I had tingles for a second, nice work

April 12, 2017 at 5:58 PM #137912
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Here’s the build.

Attachments:
    1. current-3.mech

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

April 12, 2017 at 7:38 PM #137919
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

Can I share this on Twitter ans Facebook? Credit will go to you, of course.

April 12, 2017 at 10:09 PM #137925
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Huh. I kinda want to start calling “Chassis” parts “Motives” now.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

April 12, 2017 at 11:08 PM #137926
    carmenara
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Can I share this on Twitter ans Facebook? Credit will go to you, of course.

Sure! I have tweeted both images to you on Twitter earlier.

April 13, 2017 at 8:07 AM #137927
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Sure! I have tweeted both images to you on Twitter earlier.

I can’t seem to find them! I get quite a few twitter mentions and notifications. What is your handle?

April 13, 2017 at 8:50 AM #137928
    carmenara
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

I can’t seem to find them! I get quite a few twitter mentions and notifications. What is your handle?

Whoops my tweet yesterday may have mysteriously disappeared.

Reposted!

April 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM #137929
    SamuraiZebraSamuraiZebra
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 298

I think this might be another t shirt option for the shop

April 13, 2017 at 7:32 PM #137949
    lorddelvinlorddelvin
    Participant
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 456

I was playing battletech when the game was first sold…won a gencon battletech tournament back in the day(bones creak just a little bit)..was hooked at first fight until like most games pushed to hard on the clan tech and ruined a perfectly good board game..I played the first MechWarrior on pc ..and was in love when they took it to a multiplayer online game. Albeit on AOL dialup…that got worse and worse as more and more homes tapped into the internet…but didn’t stop me from playing late into the night when all the after work internet users had long gone to sleep(go clan Mad Cow)…quit that game when they went to a monthly sub to play. played mechwarroir rpg as well as solaris VII combat rules for battletech for that arena combat feel.. played other RPG games like as robotech macross and The king Rifts…was highly disappointed in mech assault when it hit the xbox..due to the dumbing down of the game mechanics to appeal to the masses …no hit locations…every weapon an autolock on… πŸ™ made me sad…but I played the hell out of it anyway) then into mech assault II that in many ways was ahead of its time for the galaxy wide conflict idea…great thought but just didn’t get the buy in…we went to an out of game sorce ..gamebattles to hold in game turneys…again dumbed down mech game but played the hell outa it…(sounds of trumpets) then there was Chromehounds…I got in late due to my refusal to buy a 360 for some time…that and I was invested pretty heavy into mech assault at the time..as well as piss poor reviews by the gaming propaganda market….Then I played it….became hooked quick…it was my home coming everything I wanted in a game and some thing I didn’t even know I wanted but did…hit locations weapon detail down to different size shells for calibers unlimited building potential…parts parts and more parts…and one thing I never thought of Was Squad based game…where you hung out with your squad and wrenched on builds tested them and gave feedback…as well as went out and merced in missions and when not in the mood ran free battle .. and then there was MAV the diamond in the rough with unlimited potential ….anyway the point of all this rambling…those tech drawings ..down to the green highlight mono tone colour bring me strait back to those first days of mech combat and everything enchanting about it…and the long road that has lead me here.. I would really like to have one done up of one of my builds at some point…and Zebra is on to something I would so buy a t-shirt if it had a tech drawing like that of one of my builds…well hoodie ..not really a t-shirt guy.

His worshippers chant "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

April 14, 2017 at 8:20 AM #137951
    carmenara
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

@LordDelvin this is just for you! Honored to meet a veteran MechWarrior πŸ™‚

Mech power up detected

Non animated version:
    Technical Drawing

I made the animation for this video:

April 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM #137954
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Like, Share, Subscribe, Follow, Swipe Right, Follow, etc.

That is just so sexy, I love it!

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

April 14, 2017 at 2:19 PM #137957
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Love it!

April 22, 2017 at 10:03 AM #138095
    carmenara
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

This week, a prototype assault gun!
    .mech file :

MDR-3 Marder Assault Gun

MDR-3 Marder

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.