Manufacturing Companies

• December 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM #127893
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3059

Okay so there are 15 manufacturing companies currently planned for the game, that is enough for us to work with to make the parts themselves a resource that shifts with the dynamics of the ever evolving war.

Each manufacturing company has their own “home” group of territories on the map, these can be placed fairly randomly and can be changed with each war. These home territories (a cluster of say 1~5 depending on how many total territories we get on the map). Here you can get all of the parts from them with little price fluctuation / lack of stock. Then we’ve got their sphere of influence / area of distribution where you can pick up their parts across a much larger area of Europa, I’m thinking something like 10% to 75% depending on the manufacturing company. Here getting the parts get shoddy as fighting and number of factions in the way can make this shift or at least make the cost go up / number of parts in stock go down. If you’re outside of the distribution area then you’ll have to try your luck in the black market.

Only a few companies have a large influence (the basic ones) while the others are relatively small so you almost never have access to all companies at once unless your faction is stringed along the map which it’ll be very exposed and you’ll have lots of battles constantly. I love the idea that if you want something you’ll have to move the faction to it.

Players would gather up their money and buy in bulk or just rebuild with what they have available.

Fighting on the home territories would cause shortages for the parts to happen and shops are updated with supplies every 30 minutes or so (modifiable). We could even have upgrades on territories to expand their range (more dough for our faction based on sales like 1~5%), or add warehouses to increase their stock.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by SergeDavid.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM #127894
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

The spheres of distribution can also be influenced by faction distribution as well. If a faction controls the HQ and surrounding territories of a manufacturer, the Black Market (Which there better be!) will probably be the only place to get any of those weapons. Make parts a resource too. Really bring in that war of attrition.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 7, 2015 at 12:31 PM #127902
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Exactly, if your not near their home the cost goes up for them, there is less parts of theirs floating in the market, or even none available unless your going to some black market and pay x3 + the cost.

Another idea is if there is fighting on their home territory / the tiles around it their parts become more scarce.

We’ve got something like 10~ different companies and one or two companies so big / basic they aren’t effected much by the wars so we have at least some reliable parts that fit basic needs such as one of each basic chassis (no degigrade) and basic weapons (no railgun / auto cannon).

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 7, 2015 at 8:42 PM #127918
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Love these ideas, but I don’t want to make it super hard to rebuild your MAV just because you are using certain parts. I think availability should be universal, but maybe vary the cost depending on the location.

December 7, 2015 at 9:08 PM #127919
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Perhaps the availability of parts can be determined by the server admin? I’d really like to play a few wars where parts are bountiful, and others where I become ecstatic over getting a shipment of two sniper rifles.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 8, 2015 at 11:40 AM #127924
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

I can see where your coming from but I do like the idea of letting us make less basic parts harder to get such as inventory numbers per 4 hours or something. Maybe instead of no quantity there could be a shipping delay where after ordering you’ll have to wait some minutes for it to drop in your garage on the parts that are manufactured far away from your faction.

this whole thing needs some interations on the garage to speed up replacing expensive / waiting for parts.

Anyway the idea expands onto “rare” collector parts that function marginally worse or better with a neat add on. Something like pimplights aka alien cockpit or maybe the parts are extra insulated or maybe just super class stuff like railguns / 360° flame turret / a larger na uplink that can only be bought when conditions are met.

The goal isn’t super parts but hey that’s neat, maybe concert the idea to work for secret rweapons where certain neat things for them are hidden in labs around the globe.

Who doesn’t want to see an RSI collaborated secret weapon?

September 23, 2018 at 4:41 PM #146278
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 146

Capture hexes with Manufacturer factories, which will unlock all of their parts and make them available for purchase for the faction. All you need to do is manage to gain control of the hex that factory is based in. Now, they will have to be spread fairly evenly, as things can get unbalanced, especially if RNGesus gifts say, Free Europa all of the weapons manufacturers as the closest factories to their HQ location.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.