Medium combat concept

• August 29, 2012 at 4:20 AM #102111
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1787

It’s basically a medium offensive MAV, took me a while to draw this (mainly to get the far leg to look right, redrew it numerous times to the point where I was considering leaving it out, lol). The cockpit also has a pair of emergency machineguns built into the underside of it and the flag (customizable obviously) is also a part of the cockpit.

Anyhow, what do you think?
    (Oh yeah, I love your work Pylon :D. I’m curious how the above concept would look if you redrew it.)

August 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM #104084
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Looks great! I am liking the cockpit design! I always have a hard time trying to come up with a good looking cockpit.

August 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM #104086
    Pylon
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 21

Great work, Fenix! What a commanding beast of armour and hydraulics.

I love the idea of flags, too…reminds me of that famous shot of British paratroopers marching across the Falkland islands.

September 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM #104103
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Thank you both, guys! Cyberdogs, feel free to make use of anything and everything found in this concept.
    And yeah, I liked the idea of flags too. It was sort of the feel I was going for, in fact, the rifle seen above was modeled after historic rifles with bayonets fixed. The bayonets probably wouldn’t have much of a function in-game but it looks pretty cool.

On a side note, maybe there can be 2 different types of rifles, the regular automatic rifles and these rifles which sacrifice firing rate for sheer power (and a loud musket-like sound) but lacks the scope of sniper rifles. It would sort of be a cross between a rifle and a cannon.

September 4, 2012 at 6:50 AM #104106
    Pylon
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 21

@FenixT93 wrote:

Thank you both, guys! Cyberdogs, feel free to make use of anything and everything found in this concept.
    And yeah, I liked the idea of flags too. It was sort of the feel I was going for, in fact, the rifle seen above was modeled after historic rifles with bayonets fixed. The bayonets probably wouldn’t have much of a function in-game but it looks pretty cool.

On a side note, maybe there can be 2 different types of rifles, the regular automatic rifles and these rifles which sacrifice firing rate for sheer power (and a loud musket-like sound) but lacks the scope of sniper rifles. It would sort of be a cross between a rifle and a cannon.

Kind of like a recoilless rifle, then?

September 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM #104108
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Kind of like a recoilless rifle, then?

I’m not sure what that is but after doing a bit of research, that is fairly close to what I was thinking.
    except more like a high powered bolt-action rifle rather than what looks to be a person mounted cannon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.