MTR Generator concepts

• December 2, 2017 at 2:38 PM #143663
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1784

Yeah I don’t have much backstory for this one. Saw it in my head and wanted to draw it and statted them to fill niches that weren’t currently filled.

The MTR-Y-700 generator aims to be a more durable generator, utilizing an alternate form of energy generation, it produces significantly less heat and is more stable. In fact it produces so little heat that it could feasibly be fully negated to turn the generator into a passive radiator for the rest of the MAV. Enhancing their suitability to hotter conditions.
    However it is not as efficient in terms of energy to weight ratio and is somewhat bulky.

The MTR-700 offers identical energy generation and is slightly lighter, however it offers fewer connection options and is slightly less resilient.
    It is an alternative to the FC-Rh2000 which is very similar in dimensions, trading energy generation for durability and cooling.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Fenix.
    December 2, 2017 at 2:43 PM #143664
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

The Y-700 looks exactly like the second half of the Mako line of pits.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 2, 2017 at 2:49 PM #143666
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Now that you mention it, it kind of does have a vague resemblance… Wait a second the Mako doesn’t have a back-half!
    RIP, screw it, I’m out, I can’t make anything that doesn’t vaguely resemble something else! GG bois!

Now watch Tigris start spamming the concepts forums with several generator concepts.

December 2, 2017 at 3:00 PM #143667
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 146

Tigris —– concepts forums —– generator concepts.

Jokes aside: Generators are tough, because there’s only a certain amount of shapes you can create and muck around with until everything starts getting same-ey

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Tigris.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Tigris.
    December 2, 2017 at 3:13 PM #143671
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Tigris —– concepts forums —– generator concepts.

Jokes aside: Generators are tough, because there’s only a certain amount of shapes you can create and muck around with until everything starts getting same-ey

Okay that made me laugh. That is pretty true I guess.

December 2, 2017 at 3:34 PM #143672
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 146

Hey, if you have any spare time, hop on discord, I’ve already got an idea to show you.

December 2, 2017 at 11:36 PM #143699
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Yep. Gennys are SUPER tough, especially since we still don’t have Lore for what they’re using to generate power. I mentioned this on the Discord, but are they using Internal Combustion? Steam turbines? Fission? Fusion? Harnessing the magnetosphere of Jupiter? Giant capacitors, or batteries, or what?

That said, this is a pretty good “Generic MAV Energy Module” concept. I might make a model for it.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

December 3, 2017 at 12:21 PM #143719
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

internal combustion is best waifu

December 3, 2017 at 4:35 PM #143731
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3064

Even better if the center thing moves from side to side like some sort of bizarre shakeweight.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 3, 2017 at 4:55 PM #143732
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Even better if the center thing moves from side to side like some sort of bizarre shakeweight.

Did you come out of a timewarp thinking this was 2007? Get that dead meme outta here.

December 4, 2017 at 9:06 AM #143754
    Rusty ShacklefordRusty Shackleford
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 244

I like the MTR-700, because by then everything really will be powered by 18650 batteries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigafactory_1

M.A.V. HD on Youtube and @RustEShacky on Twitter

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.