General Information for the MAV Playerbase

• May 1, 2016 at 8:29 PM #130567
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2755

Demo Mode

To obtain the demo of MAV, create an account and download the game client on the Account Page .

Developer Stream Location

Multiplayer Information

Set Up a Server

Information can be found here.

Communication Methods

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/9ngTuub

Hanging on the Discord greatly increases the chance of getting a multiplayer session going if one is not in progress, and we all like to see new people joining us.

Community Tools

Rak Sal Industries

Part Comparison Tool
    Build Designer Tool
    Forum Signature Tool
    Garage Management Tool
    Build Sharing Tool
    Custom AI Tool
    Map Range Tool
    Part Change Log Tool

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

May 23, 2016 at 5:25 AM #131201
    Lieutenant Colonel

Teamspeak and general set times added.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

May 24, 2016 at 12:52 AM #131207
    Kippeth
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 42

id love to get a group in on this, ive been chatting with my friends about this and thinking about getting us in on the weekend events but i gave the game a go last night and i dont think the game is ready yet. Maybe later. its just too clunky and buggy at the moment.

May 24, 2016 at 4:44 AM #131208
    Lieutenant Colonel

Give the game a checking out when the next patch hits, which has a lot of optimizations in it.

May 24, 2016 at 9:14 AM #131209
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3781

d love to get a group in on this, ive been chatting with my friends about this and thinking about getting us in on the weekend events but i gave the game a go last night and i dont think the game is ready ye

Can you expand on this?

May 24, 2016 at 9:22 AM #131210
    Anvildude
    Major
    Total posts : 1977

Just to expand on Cyberdog’s comment- he’s the Developer of the game, and would love to hear specific feedback from you.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

May 26, 2016 at 10:35 PM #131263
    Kippeth
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 42

a run down of my returning player experience

Opening the options menu, the resolution feels off, the text is a little blurry, theres no full screen windowed option that really sucks and you cant do custom resolution. to fit your monitor better.

Going into the garage deleted the legs to delete the whole mech, that worked right, however spawning a new set of legs would spawn to one side and i couldnt click/drag them to the middle, couldnt attach parts to it without the legs being attached to the floor. exited/entered garage still didnt work.

restarted client could now click’n’drag the legs and build my mech.
    still no way to rotate parts before attaching them to get better angles.
    attaching parts with the right hardpoints is a real challenge.
    no autosave on mechs, went to play a game only to realise i hadnt specifically saved the mech.
    the server selection menu was odd. hoving over a sever the border went green when i clicked it the green disappeared and didnt say aything about connecting.
    clicked into a battle gainst bots and the bots animations are… odd, like just sped up walking animations. nothing feels smooth, not sure if its just animations or really low FPS.
    i was on a jungle/forrest map? not sure and constantly got stuck on invisible vegetation.

Majors were the garage being unweildy, server connection not working?, broken animations and invisible plants/terrain.

I just couldn’t have fun with how much wasnt working, and it was not and experience i want to drag my friends through.

May 27, 2016 at 4:44 AM #131264
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3242

Rotating parts before attaching them has been in the game for years. When holding the part the next weapon group hotkey and previous group hotkey rotates them Q and E by default.

Also Shift + Q W E A S D work too if you dont change your hotkeys.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

May 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM #131272
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1658

New Amazon has the bug where the models for the big trees occasionally fails to load but the hitboxes remain. It’s a pretty uncommon bug, try another match there and it should work correctly.

I'm taking a break from the forums.

June 2, 2016 at 9:43 PM #131341
    Smutty
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 46

There’s a teamspeak for this? Awesome! I’ll have to check it out

Rafzakael's whipping boy

June 3, 2016 at 12:32 PM #131342
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3242

One of the many features provided by Rak Sal Industries. Personally I do it for the butt touches.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

June 26, 2016 at 4:06 PM #131699
    Lieutenant Colonel

Anyone going to be on tonight?

July 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM #131744
    Anvildude
    Major
    Total posts : 1977

It’s Friday, and there’s nobody on the teamspeak- what’s up, all?

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

July 1, 2016 at 6:43 PM #131745
    MetalForAll
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 16

I wanna play

"The cars we drive say a lot about us"

August 27, 2016 at 1:07 PM #132153
    Lieutenant Colonel

Fully updated with new Stream and multiplayer times in preparation for the closing of Steam.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.