Neroimus War Refugee

• March 24, 2015 at 4:09 PM #103649
    UnlikelyDust
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 18

Yo!

Found MAV by accident last week and struggled to justify a $20 purchase on a game I knew nearly nothing about. Thankfully the bounty of videos on Youtube and steam guides convinced me and I am not looking back. I’ve already convinced two people to buy the game to enjoy the giant mech action with me.

A bit about me.

I’m an Assault Amphibian Vehicle Crewmman in the United States Marine Corps and I love absolutely every single minute of what I do. I’m in the reserve component now based out of Tampa. Prior to the Marine Corps I went to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University out of Daytona Beach where I became a member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics while studying Aerospace Engineering.

For the love of

I am a sports fiend and could talk for days about hockey despite being from Florida. I enjoy writing a lot as well (clearly.) I also like to play a few games on Xbox One, League of Legends and I have always had a healthy love for tools of destruction such as guns and tanks.

I’m looking forward to really getting into the community here and helping in any way that I can.

March 24, 2015 at 4:16 PM #113509
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Welcome. Another Neroimus War vet returns home at last. For a quick run down of player activity, the best source of information can be found here, so drop on by on the Teamspeak if you get a chance.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=239

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

March 24, 2015 at 5:31 PM #113515
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Glad to have you around!

March 24, 2015 at 6:32 PM #113516
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

You do Astronautics stuff? Help me convince Cyber that an asteroid/comet impact wouldn’t be enough to terraform Europa, and that we should have Biodomes and night skies e’rrywhere.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

March 24, 2015 at 7:17 PM #113517
    UnlikelyDust
    Private First Class

Astronautics is more spacecraft than anything. Not that I don’t totally agree that biodomes e’rrywhere would be the most ballin shit, because it definitely would.

March 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM #113518
    UnlikelyDust
    Private First Class

Also, even if an asteroid comet did smash into Europa and wreck it’s shit there’s no guarantee that the composition of the asteroid is enough to completely rework/create an atmosphere on Europa so that it would be liveable nor that an impact with an asteroid that did have the correct composition would even alter the atmosphere what-so-ever. While it is widely agreed upon that asteroids did have a large impact on Earth’s early atmosphere and it is also speculated that an asteroid brought water to the Earth there is no hard evidence to support or refute it.

Even worse, we just studied the contents of a comet passing by and what we found means comets are definitely NOT the catalyst that we would need and that we would need heavy-metal rich asteroids rather than icy comets.

March 24, 2015 at 9:01 PM #113525
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major

I know, right? And something with the limited gravity of a small moon like Europa wouldn’t be able to hold onto a thick enough atmo to be Earth Breathable anyways- and that’s even without considering the effect of Jupiter’s gravity on everything.

March 24, 2015 at 9:07 PM #113526
    UnlikelyDust
    Private First Class

Jupitwr: Oh you’re trying to inhabit on of my moons? That’s cute. Good luck landing anything there to begin with.

March 25, 2015 at 3:08 AM #113536
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Welcome to the game man, glad to have you back.

Plausable denyability. It all happens in a giant biodome.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

March 25, 2015 at 3:46 AM #113537
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@SergeDavid wrote:

Plausable denyability. It all happens in a giant biodome.

I will just wrap the skybox with grids and say the whole planet was encased in a biodome. TAKE THAT SCIENCE!

March 25, 2015 at 4:10 AM #113538
    UnlikelyDust
    Private First Class

Who needs skyboxes when you can render minimal effort biodomes?

March 25, 2015 at 4:22 AM #113540
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

As long as we can place smaller biodomes inside the larger ones.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

March 25, 2015 at 5:13 AM #113542
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@SergeDavid wrote:

As long as we can place smaller biodomes inside the larger ones.

That would just be silly!

March 25, 2015 at 7:15 AM #113543
    UnlikelyDust
    Private First Class

New deployable, biodomes! Enjoy the methane based, extra explosive biodome

March 26, 2015 at 1:31 AM #113544
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major

You laugh, but I could completely see a ramshackle weapon that’s based on an ’emergency pup-tent’ that they just reconfigure to get inflated with hydrogen and o2 instead of Nitrogen. Then shoot it, and BLAMO.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.