NPC Concepts (New NPC Added in comments!)

• August 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM #102098
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1787

Hey, I thought I would get into the idea of making an NPC ideas thread, for things other than MAVs such as infantry, tanks, APCs, turrets, half-tracks, the list could go on. So if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them here and label them, maybe even describe how it might behave. 😀

Anyhow, here’s two concepts of my own.

Twin barreled tank

Armament: Twin Cannons.

Basically a tank with dual cannons. it fires the first cannon then the second cannon a second later and has to reload for a few seconds.
    It will attempt to back away when you’re trying to crush it under your feet.

Twin-blade gunship

Armament: Light machine gun, dual rocket launchers (the rockets fired from each).

It flies over the battlefield (obviously) and usually fires it’s machine gun in short bursts.
    It will sometimes will fire a salvo of six rockets at it’s targets doing quite a bit of damage but can be easily avoided and the lingering smoke trails can give away its position very easily.
    (On a side note: Much like Hound’s couldn’t aim very high, gunships can’t aim very low.
    So basically if a gunship is firing at you, it will never be from above where you can aim, so they won’t be annoying hopefully.)

August 14, 2012 at 7:27 AM #104036
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

I like these ideas! I would likely tweak them so they could accept the modular weapons, so you could customize them as well.

I think the flying drone could be tricky, but if done right I bet it would be super satisfying to shoot down!

Awesome work!

August 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM #104038
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

I like these ideas! I would likely tweak them so they could accept the modular weapons, so you could customize them as well.

I think the flying drone could be tricky, but if done right I bet it would be super satisfying to shoot down!

Awesome work!

Customizable NPCs? Awesome! I’ll make my next ideas with that in mind.

and thank you, glad I could help you out.

Oh yeah, not sure If I told you or not but I’ve been trying to make a Wineskin of a demo version MAV so it can run on Macintosh.
    So far I’ve got the game to boot up and selection of the graphics quality/resolution appears but I can’t get into the in-game menu.
    Still some bugs to fix and some tinkering to do with the wineskin it seems.
    But hey, if I succeed at it we could have a possible mac version of at least one version of the game.

If you’re not sure what I’m talking about (which I’m guessing you don’t). this is the website about it.
    http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

August 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM #104039
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

That is AWESOME!

I really really feel bad for not having a mac build out. I am looking at setting up a dual boot to try and get the game working on mac. I think there are only a few things that would need to be changed, but I don’t know for sure till I get in there.

August 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM #104040
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Eh man, don’t feel bad. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, it’s the good intention of fixing the mistakes that counts ;D.

But yeah, if you can get a native Mac version of MAV out, that would be excellent. ^_^

I’ll still need to learn more about wineskin before you see a good port of MAV coming from me, however.
    Doesn’t seem like it will take an overly long time to master I guess.

August 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM #104062
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

A battleship concept! ^_^

I drew this with interchangeable weapons in mind like you asked, basically the yellow circles are for light/medium weapons (Howitzers or rocket launchers would be what I would’ve drawn by default), and the red squares are for heavy weapons (Maybe the heavy auto cannon?), I also drew a couple machineguns into the side of the hull. Essentially, it’s much more powerful than a MAV in both firepower and armour (It’s armour could be comparable to an HQ from chromehounds possibly), essentially, it would be difficult to sink one on your own.

It could serve as an objective point or an alternative to the “blow up the satellite dish to win” game mode you have where you blow up your opponent’s battleship while defending your own instead of blowing up a satellite.

AI wise, I’d say it would probably sit alongside a coast, all guns blazing.

Your thoughts?

August 22, 2012 at 7:05 AM #104063
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Sounds like a great idea for a ‘secret’ weapon!

August 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM #104064
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

@Cyberdogs7 wrote:

Sounds like a great idea for a ‘secret’ weapon!

I’d need to get more creative with it’s design if that’s the case. :

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.