Press

• May 1, 2014 at 8:21 PM #103113
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Since I had such terrible luck with getting press for the kickstarter, this is kind of my ‘See I was trying’ thread of press success with the Early Access launch. If you find press coverage, please add it!

Rock Paper Shotgun:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/01/mav-released-steam-early-access/

Gamers Hell
    http://www.gamershell.com/news_163465.html

Gamasutra (just a reprint of the press release)
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/216715/MAV_launching_May_1st_on_Steam.php

Also, Indie Game Mag has asked to include M.A.V. in their June print issue.

May 1, 2014 at 8:54 PM #110369
    basrrf
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 210

This is great news! Steam will increase sales and popularity of M.A.V, especially now that you have major press on it!

Basrrf
    Columbus, OH

"We are all just bricks in the house of life." - Brick Scotch, 2015

May 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM #110370
    basrrf
    Participant
    Master Sergeant

Also, these sites compare MAV to Kerbal Space Program. I never really thought about that, but they’re only similar in the building process, and that’s it.

Basrrf
    Columbus, OH

May 2, 2014 at 2:57 AM #110384
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Have you contacted BigSushi yet? The guy that talked to my class seemed really excited that I had an indie game he hadn’t heard about yet.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

May 2, 2014 at 3:46 AM #110386
    pharomachrus
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 221

The MAV page on Steam says Earth Defense Force in the description at the top, but United Earth Council in the “about the game” section. Is there a way to update that? (Probably not a big deal, but hey).

May 2, 2014 at 3:57 AM #110387
    pharomachrus
    Master Sergeant

@basrrf wrote:

Also, these sites compare MAV to Kerbal Space Program. I never really thought about that, but they’re only similar in the building process, and that’s it.

OMG Kerbal Mech Program confirmed. Seriously though, it would be cool to have a KSP nod/shoutout/easter egg somewhere. Like someone having a kerbal bobblehead in their cockpit or something.

May 2, 2014 at 4:42 AM #110390
    basrrf
    Participant
    Master Sergeant

@pharomachrus wrote:

@basrrf wrote:

OMG Kerbal Mech Program confirmed. Seriously though, it would be cool to have a KSP nod/shoutout/easter egg somewhere. Like someone having a kerbal bobblehead in their cockpit or something.

That would win easter egg/mod of the year!

Basrrf
    Columbus, OH

May 2, 2014 at 8:48 AM #110409
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@Anvildude wrote:

Have you contacted BigSushi yet? The guy that talked to my class seemed really excited that I had an indie game he hadn’t heard about yet.

I did and sent him a steam press key. Haven’t heard back from him.

May 2, 2014 at 8:49 AM #110410
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@pharomachrus wrote:

The MAV page on Steam says Earth Defense Force in the description at the top, but United Earth Council in the “about the game” section. Is there a way to update that? (Probably not a big deal, but hey).

The UEC is the governing body on Earth and the EDF are the actual forces that are deployed to Europa.

This will be made more clear in the gameplay story.

May 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM #110414
    Blowback
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 24

great keep the news going

May 3, 2014 at 3:30 PM #110453
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    May 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM #110454
    May 4, 2014 at 5:47 AM #110501
    Turpis
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 32

People talking about graphics and not meeting the 2014 standard annoy me to no end. What indie game will ever meet the standards of a AAA company? Still the coverage is really good for the game, you should try reaching out to a few other major channels like TotalBiscuit.

May 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM #110502
    pharomachrus
    Master Sergeant

Getting TotalBiscuit and Angry Joe on board would be very nice, they would likely be interested and they have millions of subscribers. RockLeeSmile, Quill18, GetDaved, MacksCorner and Necroscope86 would probably all be good bets too. Between them, they have covered a lot of alpha games, indie games, strategy/sim games and mech games, and all have viewerships in the tens of thousands. Day9 and Husky might also be worth a shot, if you can pry them away from Starcraft 2 and Hearthstone for long enough 😛 .

May 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM #110503
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

The problem here is that a lot of those folks (totalbiscuit I know for certain) don’t listen to “Fan” recommendations of games to play. And as Cyber’s only one person, he can’t devote the time to poking and prodding them to try out his game in particular- I’d be willing to be a lot of the emails he’s sent out have simply been spam filtered or fallen under the first page.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.