proper collision across all modules

• February 11, 2018 at 9:37 AM #144823
    jumping spiders are cute
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant
    Total posts : 270

the new update i hear removed the barrel collisions from many weapons, and i very much dislike this.

it is bad enough that your own projectiles do not collide with any part of your mav, but to see something like tigris’s salamander being praised as a good idea makes me really wonder how the creators of these shameful builds sleep at night.

i wouldnt be so upset, but the update ruined railguns.

if the barrels of all weapons have been spared collisions, all heavy weapons should. namely railguns and ivans, but centurions too. it is not fair that the heaviest heavy weapon’s barrels can fit through an infinite number of armor layers and still be fully functional, yet railguns and ivans do not.

if this is planned to be fixed so that all weapons have barrel collisions sometime this year, id like to know.

i saw the salamander and flipped. it wouldnt have been so bad if the update hadnt screwed my railgun builds or had at least removed the collisions from the barrel of the railgun.

i know i dont play a lot, but when something like that is praised, the game might as well be called cheat assault vehicle because removing collisions from shit that needs it is cheaty, period.

i like this game for its modular system, removing barrel collisions is very much against the awesome system.

at least tell me the finished product will feature all weapons with barrel collisions.

"As I gaze upon my tools of destruction, I know that I shall fear no evil and feel no mercy to those who would seek to destroy me, for I am the bringer of Death, and spirit of war."

February 11, 2018 at 12:13 PM #144825
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 146

But I cut holes in my MAV to let the barrels poke through!

February 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM #144826
    TewdrigTewdrig
    Participant
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 467

if the barrels of all weapons have been spared collisions, all heavy weapons should.

This is your first big glitch meta isn’t it. I assure you the barrels will get their hitboxes back soon, I think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of that being intentional.

But hey, I’ve been wrong before. 😉

February 11, 2018 at 2:15 PM #144828
    jumping spiders are cute
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant

although cutting holes through armor seems pretty logical, i doubt every character in mav is skilled enough to hide fixed holes as if they were never made.

the only armor i can see believable with no collisions would be the newest type of armor, the scrap built. but then for that fact to exist would also mean the armor should not collide with any part. WHICH, idk, that does sound awesome.

that would actually make mavs look much more ‘improvised’ like they should.

it just really pissed me off when i saw in a post by cyber that weapon barrel collisions had been removed, but railgun collisions had been increased in size.

"As I gaze upon my tools of destruction, I know that I shall fear no evil and feel no mercy to those who would seek to destroy me, for I am the bringer of Death, and spirit of war."

February 11, 2018 at 3:18 PM #144829
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3059

If this is what I think it is then the reason that the collision was removed from the long barrels for a lot of weapons (unless it was a bug) is so that splash damage can’t just hit the tip of the barrel and destroy your mech.

Now with that thinking the Railguns and Ivans / Cents / XXLs (they should have collision sadly) have barrels large enough that they can warrant being able to take damage when you shoot them.

I haven’t bothered to check if you can shoot these barrels but hey this pretty much opens up a lot of build options or it could just be that it’s a bug from the rework. Only cyber and time will tell.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 11, 2018 at 7:08 PM #144830
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 636

Barrels did not have the collision removed. Having the barrels sticking through the armor will not protect the weapon behind it. It will still get hit by splash as well.

The current issue is a compatibility issue between new style collision system and parts that still have old style collision. This will be eliminated as everything moves to the new style.

February 12, 2018 at 6:57 AM #144840
    jumping spiders are cute
    Participant
    Second Lieutenant

aaah okay.

that makes me feel much better.

February 12, 2018 at 7:30 AM #144841
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Time to raise up our arms and fight against those who deny us our rights to cut holes in things!

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

February 12, 2018 at 7:20 PM #144847
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

this garbage needs to die soon

February 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM #144851
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Axle you just salty

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.