Rak Sal Industries

• December 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM #134599
    Rak Sal Industries
    Participant
    Total posts : 5

Rak Sal Industries was first established on Europa as a Modular Mining Vehicle mechanic and inspection shop in the Neo Oklahoma Province. After several aggressive mergers RSI evolved into a Manufacturing Company.

Besides being an Official Manufacturing Company in M.A.V. Rak Sal also does many other things relating to M.A.V. and it’s community.

Build Tools

1. Garage Manager.
      • After uploading your builds.data file you can bulk delete builds, rearrange them (currently unavailable ingame), rename them (currently unavailable ingame). Use it to group your favorite builds together and rename them to something nice besides “6 hd sniper tread”
    2. Build Sharing.
      • Upload builds from your garage to a sharing site where you can sort them (eventually) by popularity / chassis / weapons / other aspects, you can download them to your builds.data file or simple current.mech files.
    3. Customized AI.
      • Create a custom set of AI to fight against from your builds.data file that you uploaded in either of the two above pages. Currently limited on how many ai will be custom so there is a chance of normal ai. For best effects only use 1 build per role-type.

Part and Map Tools

1. Build Designer.
      • Create a build by slapping parts into a list and see a bunch of information about the build such as max speed (sorta), weight remaining, energy remaining, how much total damage it does, etc. Super useful for when you’re trying to math out which chassis / weapons to use to make a build you want work.
    2. Part Comparison.
      • Compare different parts to each other and see a colorized difference if the different stats are better / worse, useful to comparing parts in the same part class as eachother.
    3. Map Range Finder.
      • Check out the estimate accuracy and max range of weapons in relation to the map sizes, use it to help figure out ranges for howitzers / rockets and see where effective ranges will be. (Still adding functionality and features to it)

Other Tools / Stuff

1. Forum Stats Signature.
      • Creates a forum signature with your in-game stats, includes progression tracking (currently hidden), and eventual extra features.
    2. Teamspeak Server [ts3.knolif.com].
      • Can host up to 24 or 32~ players at once, good for communications with other players as you do things in-game such as making mav’s in the garage.
    3. RSI Discord Server.
      • Text and Voice chat along with a “who’s online / playing mav” tracker, better for picking up games then teamspeak but we end up moving over to teamspeak half the time.

Game Server(s)
    Youtube Channel
    To Be Continued.

Status Report

• Everything seems to be operating correctly and nicely.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by SergeDavid.
    December 5, 2016 at 9:26 PM #134600
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

Speaking about working on signatures, I fixxed it unless it somehow breaks again. Also testing out new layout stuff and what not. 😀

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 5, 2016 at 9:39 PM #134601
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

Love it! Great work on providing good tools to the community!

December 29, 2016 at 10:27 PM #135119
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Aaand we’ve got another thing http://www.raksal.com/?content=changelog

It’s still in development but right now it looks like I’ve finally worked out all the bugs.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 30, 2016 at 12:15 AM #135120
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

niiiice, now just to make increase in weight red

December 30, 2016 at 12:04 PM #135124
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

It’s missing the Alpine 1E armor.

Also, what update was 0.6.10? These things are REALLY starting to blend together for me.

December 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM #135125
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1787

According to the blog history, that was the October content update that introduced Ivans, the heavy rockets, and saw the rise of cannons while machine guns got nuked from orbit. Turrets were rebalanced and wheels got what turned out to be a very helpful buff to energy generation.

It also fixed the flame thrower bug that had been destroying my will to play, lol. 😀

December 30, 2016 at 3:46 PM #135127
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Ah I must have done a < instead of <= somewhere.

Also cyber please, add chassis and cockpit info, just use the wep stats -1 and I’ll do context validation to say what list to grab fro. For the extra info.

January 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM #135204
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Finally rewrote about 80% of the code for the comparison tool and now it can show all of the parts in a part group (mobility / cockpit / generator) instead of only the parts in a sub type. Because of this I might have to add an identifier for what sub class each item is (biped / wheel / quad).

I’ve also finally finished writing all the hover text for the descriptions of each column, just hover over the words and a message will pop up with more info.

January 3, 2017 at 10:57 PM #135213
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Well, I got a LOT of the part unlock levels to fill in the ones that the build customizer may or may not be missing. Well, at least from the early levels.

Feel free to download and fill in what’s missing if you’ve got still got a few parts to unlock that you can see that aren’t on here.

Attachments:
    1. Partunlocklist.rtf
    January 4, 2017 at 6:08 AM #135215
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

I have a spreadsheet with all unlocks before berthas was added.

January 4, 2017 at 7:03 AM #135218
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Mind to make that spreadsheet a little more available so I wouldn’t be wasting my time? lol

Anyhow, the unlock requirements for some of the post-Bertha parts are;
    – Heavy-Rocket : Support level 10
    – Multi-Rocket : Support level 9 or Attacker level 15
    – Concussion-Rocket : Support level 10 or Attacker level 15
    – VLAD 160 : Scout level 16
    – VLAD : Attacker level 15 and Defender level 15
    – VLAD HD : Attacker level 20 (I may have HD and vanilla mixed up)
    – Alpine 1E : Defender level 7
    – Alpine 3E : Defender level 10
    – Blockade Deploy : Player level 8 and Scout level 8
    I believe Railguns were Sniper level 18

March 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM #137586
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

So this is what I was working on for several hours, there’s a lot of stuff I got to do to it to optimize the whole thing but it gives an interesting visualization of where the item you have is in relation to the rest of the pack.

Attachments:
    1. NewUpdateWork

NewUpdateWork.png

April 27, 2017 at 12:18 AM #138167
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Boy a generous amount of stuff has been updated since the last update I’ve posted here!

• The Map Tool now shows default repair shed locations along with coloring the red team’s base red so you’ll actually know what side you’d spawn on. Now I’ve just got to update the weapon range / accuracy stats.
    • The forum signature tool has been updated to be automated, I’ll be writing the code to make it update the stats automatically later this week. If you’re using my signature maker you’ll want to update your signature so the system can grab the correct username / signature settings (color / camo pattern / etc). Speaking about updates I’ve also did some visual improvements to them to make the camo pattern have softer edges and I added some special signature options for certain accounts like Tewdrig’s custom camo pattern.
    • The Comparison tool has gotten another round of updates with a re-organized stats order and a link for each item to go to an “indepth” page that hopefully is a lot easier to read.
    • I’ve done some minor tweaks to the changelog page to keep it updated with new stats from the heat system
    • Lots of modifications to the Tournament page backend code with lots more in the future to bring it further up to date with our goals. We’ve got single elimination tournament code added and the ground work to link it with a discord account for easier joining / teaming up / inputting battle results is in the works.
    • We updated the top tool bar to highlight our quest for validation with the Patreon button! https://www.patreon.com/SergeDavid
    • We’ve got a https://www.patreon.com/SergeDavid
    • I’ve done some stuff and the Raksal game servers are now online with a decent uptime, I’m in the works to make it easier to keep them online and working.
    • We’ve got a discord now and that’s the new happening place to be! http://discord.raksal.com

Anyway this post is about alerting people about the new automated signatures so go there and get your signature!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.