SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

I made a thing http://www.raksal.com/?content=garage

Current Features.

• Rename builds*
    • Delete builds
    • Reorganize builds

*certain limits to characters and length apply.

The really cool part about this is that you can reorganize your garage and put all your favorite builds at the top or say organize them by role-type / play-style so you can find them easier.

You’ll also be able to rename builds instead of saving as a new one or overwriting an older builds with a similarly named one.

In the future I’ll be integrating the functions from http://www.raksal.com/?content=share The Build Sharing Tool to expand it’s usefulness such as.

• Choosing which mechs to share with others from your collection.
    • Downloading single builds as current.mech files others have shared or.
    • Attach one or multiple shared builds to your saved builds without the hassle of saving each one individually in game.
    • Create an AI file with one or multiple custom AI for use in either singleplayer or a multiplayer server you host.
    • Donate pizza to Serge because you want this.

Anyway beyond the sales pitch I’m just excited that I got it working and it means I’m one step closer to having an easier way of customizing AI so people stop nagging me about teaching them my secrets. 😉

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

October 12, 2016 at 6:40 AM #133311
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

Love it!

October 19, 2016 at 3:47 PM #133581
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1787

Gotta say, I gave the garage tool a try and it’s actually pretty nifty if I may say so.
    Got a new go-to build but don’t want to scroll all the way to the bottom to use? Too easy.

Some of the things in there really aught to be in the game itself.

Also, I uploaded three builds to the build sharing tool.
    -The SniperWagon, an otherwise unreleased build dating back to beta release (though it’s really just the upper body of my old Skirmisher V2 slapped onto a pair of treads post biped nerf); it was for quite some time the only build I was happy with. Funny thing is it’s arguably better than the Sniper-Tread that’s already up there having better range, more durable weapons, and slightly higher damage output, faster speed. It’s probably a bit outdated at this point as it matches up very poorly against screamer rockets from what I’ve found.
    -The Riot Sniper V3, most likely the last version of this series for some time and certainly a bit of a far-cry from its Alpha era counterpart (Siege/Arena variants are no longer possible and this version lacks the bonuses of either). It’s still a solid build for siege games. The AI could probably use it pretty nicely.
    -The Ragnorok V-II, a quadruple double with a trio of assault rifles for backup, slightly more survivable than the typical old-style triple double, and a tiny hidden com-sys. Fun to play, probably pretty fun to fight against.

October 19, 2016 at 5:28 PM #133582
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

I’ll have to approve them so they appear without clicking the “show unverified” button.

Got a lot of stuff to update across the board like attaching the build sharing with the garage, add the custom ai function, and lots of other stuff to make it all sexy.

Yeah some of this should / could be in the game but I’d like to think of it as taking a small load off Cyber shoulders so he can work on better stuff like the next batch of parts.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

October 23, 2016 at 1:03 AM #133712
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

The Second Module has been updated. and it’s too late to bother making a new thread about it.

http://www.knolif.com/?content=share

Features include using the same build file that the garage uses so you can download saved builds and then save the builds file without the hastle of downloading current.mech files and then loading them up in the garage and saving them there! That’s like 20 steps saved!

You can also download just the current.mech file of individual builds if you don’t want to upload your garage.

For sharing your build just upload your builds.data file or if you’ve already done that with the garage one then just click the “share builds button” at the top or whatever it’s called. From here just select which builds you want to share using the checkboxes and just fill in the builds general information, you can also add a picture that you’ve uploaded to imgur! Just make sure you use the direct link or it won’t work.

October 23, 2016 at 1:12 AM #133713
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

October 23, 2016 at 10:03 AM #133733
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

This is pretty rad!

October 23, 2016 at 10:15 AM #133734
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

It is also the only way to delete builds saved as a different account.

October 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM #133735
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

-DISREGARD-

January 24, 2017 at 10:30 PM #135793
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

I’m looking for some help from any kind players who know what the unlock requirements are for the listed parts. I’ve went through my part list and discovered that I completely forgot the unlock requirements for most of the new parts. Sadly being so high level I can’t actually see these conditions myself and would love some help, thanks!

• FC-Mg1680
    • Ivan
    • HWZ-XXL
    • Centerion
    • Railgun
    • CAL-O3
    • CAL-IO4
    • CAL-O4
    • YAK-O3
    • YAK-I3

January 25, 2017 at 12:02 AM #135795
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

for railgun, sniper level 15

January 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM #135799
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Ivan and Centurion are Support 5 or Support 10, each, I think. I’ll double check next time.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

January 25, 2017 at 1:05 PM #135802
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

There is a field for it in the parts file. It prints it out in plain text.

January 25, 2017 at 7:37 PM #135807
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Ignore me, Cyber changed the location and the unlock data was off screen where I had to scroll over to it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.