Season's Greetings Photo Competition

• December 10, 2017 at 2:54 PM #143836
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Welcome all to the first annual Season’s Greeting Photo Competition. With the addition of Free Camera, the realm of possibilities for screenshots has skyrocketed. Whether or not you are an owner of MAV, you are welcome to compete. If you do not have your own copy yet, see the instructions below how to set up the demo.

Submission Categories, Deadlines, and Rules

There will be three categories available for submission. Most Awesome, Most Creative, and Most Festive. Two submissions max per person will be accepted. Each screenshot needs to be marked to belonging to a certain category (i.e. The first picture is for Most Awesome, the second for Most Creative). Two pictures submitted to the same category is allowed. If you would like to change the images you submitted, please edit your post updating the pictures before the end of the submission period.

Only submissions posted to this thread and labeled properly will be eligible for voting. Photos must either be uploaded to the forums or linked from an image hosting site like Imgur. Please keep all submissions to one post.

Submissions will be accepted until midnight, January 20th, PST. Voting will then commence for one week until midnight of January 27th PST.

Photo editing programs are allowed for use if you so desire to.

Photo Methods

Free camera can be activated by hitting F7 to lock the camera in place. Hitting Left Alt will allow for movement of the camera. The camera can be controlled by WASD and mouse with elevation controls being Q and E. The camera will lock to the ground when touching to help with tracking. The camera can be unlocked from the ground by double tapping and holding E while moving downhill looking upwards.

Default screenshot button is F9. To take 4K Resolution screenshots, hold down left shift followed by holding down F9. At this point, MAV should appear to “freeze” as the picture is rendered. This process will usually take longer than one minute.

Upping quality settings in anti-aliasing, mash quality, and texture quality to max settings is recommended for the best pictures. When changing the settings in the Options tab in the Main Menu, make sure to close the Options tab using the < arrow before moving into Singleplayer, Multiplayer, or the Garage to ensure the settings you choose are saved. A client restart will be needed so all changes are applied.

Prizes

First place for each category will be awarded their very own MAV T-Shirt. Runner up for each category will be awarded either two firework codes for MAV for their own personal use or a gift to a friend. The runner up can also select a key from a list of games (List of options coming Soonโ„ข) to be redeemed on CD Keys as an alternative to firework codes. In the event of one person placing twice for first place, the person will receive both a first and second place prize, unless the winner would like an additional MAV shirt.

Winners will be contacted shortly after the conclusion of voting through the forum messaging system to discuss shipping details or prize options.

Voting

Opens sometime December 21st.

For Demo/Non MAV Owners

To activate the demo mode for MAV, register for an account here and then download the installer to play in Demo mode. The installer can be found here (Automatic Download).

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 10, 2017 at 3:05 PM #143837
    DingdongJRDingdongJR
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 25

I thought I’d put some actual effort into this one. My contribution to the Most Festive MAV category. Merry Mavmas everyone.

Edit: Do I get extra bonus points for rendering it in 4k? Open the picture in a new tab and zoom in to see such glorious resolution detail.

Merry Mavmas from DingdongJR

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by DingdongJR.
    December 10, 2017 at 7:25 PM #143838
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 643

Awesome Contest!

December 11, 2017 at 6:04 PM #143842
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

Most Awesome:

December 11, 2017 at 6:24 PM #143843
    Lieutenant Colonel

Most Awesome

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

December 11, 2017 at 6:26 PM #143844
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant

based 3/4ths view

December 11, 2017 at 7:29 PM #143848
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

I’m gunna have to see if I can get in on this… But what build?

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 11, 2017 at 7:55 PM #143849
    lorddelvinlorddelvin
    Participant
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 456

Most Festive

https://imgur.com/a/JWSRd

Attachments:
    1. screenshot_877

screenshot_877.png

His worshippers chant "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

December 11, 2017 at 8:30 PM #143851
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant

@lorddelvin

There will be three categories available for submission. Most Awesome, Most Creative, and Most Festive. Two submissions max per person will be accepted. Each screenshot needs to be marked to belonging to a certain category (i.e. The first picture is for Most Awesome, the second for Most Creative). Two pictures submitted to the same category is allowed. If you would like to change the images you submitted, please edit your post updating the pictures before the end of the submission period.

Only submissions posted to this thread and labeled properly will be eligible for voting. Photos must either be uploaded to the forums or linked from an image hosting site like Imgur. Please keep all submissions to one post.

December 11, 2017 at 9:21 PM #143852
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer

@legacyelite84 Awesome photo, wrong studio logo though! ๐Ÿ™‚

December 11, 2017 at 9:36 PM #143853
    lorddelvinlorddelvin
    Participant
    Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 456

Most Awesome.

Attachments:
    1. screenshot_909

screenshot_909.png

His worshippers chant "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

December 12, 2017 at 4:32 AM #143855
    Lieutenant Colonel

@Bombdog Studios Only one I had in that big a resolution. Had to made due.

December 26, 2017 at 4:05 PM #143944
    Lieutenant Colonel

Bumping the end submission date up a few weeks, as this was buried behind the IndieDB vote, and will hopefully allow some pictures to occur in 0.7.0.

December 26, 2017 at 10:17 PM #143947
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer

will hopefully allow some pictures to occur in 0.7.0.

Good try, but not likely ๐Ÿ˜‰

January 9, 2018 at 9:56 AM #143994
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer

Not many entries so far. Seems like it’s prime for people to come in and still win it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.