Stealth Panels

• August 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM #102085
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1787

Hey, I was going to draw this some time ago but I ended up procrastinating, my bad. Anyhow, here’s the stealth panel (the coloured-in part, the whited out parts are just there to get a sense of scale, I was too lazy to make a full MAV just to demonstrate one part).

Basically, it’s an equipment part for Hacker Class MAVs which allows the user to turn invisible and vanish from enemy radar for a while (though they still appear on Sonar if you remember that from Chromehounds, provided it’s implemented in MAV). Basically, for every one of these panels you have installed, it adds more time you can remained stealthed and how long it takes to recharge (the numbers themselves vary on the model, maybe something like 1 minute stealth time, 30 second recharge time. Having 2 of them doubles both numbers).
    But they use up quite a bit of power and are somewhat weighty, so you’ll need at least a medium generator in order to use them effectively and having more than 2 of them is probably excessive (you still want some weapons, a decent cockpit and maybe a System Override Computer right?).

But yeah, they’re mounted much like the armour platings from Chromehounds, except that they’re not nearly as durable and are larger. Come to think of it, they’re sort of like an upgrade of the NA jammers from Chromehounds that nobody ever used.

Design wise, the rods could be longer and stick out more, but I’m pretty happy with it.

August 2, 2012 at 7:35 AM #103970
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

This is a really intriguing idea. I will have to look into it!

August 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM #103978
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

Thank you ^_^

August 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM #103979
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

So basically the classes are as follows (if I’m correct)?

-Soldier(Main offensive)
    -Sniper(Long range combatant)
    -Scout(Reconnaissance)
    -Defender(Defensive, high armour and firepower)
    -Engineer(MAV and structure maintenance)
    -Hacker(Stealth, sabotage and indirect combat)
    -Commander(Tactics coordinator)
    -Heavy Gunner(Artillery platform)

😀

August 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM #103982
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

I have not partitioned out classes yet, but with the parts right now you could make 3 classes (sniper, soldier, and heavy gunner).

I think I will focus on the parts and abilities they give you and the classes will grow from that.

August 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM #103986
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major

I see. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.