Steam Support Ending – Discussion thread

• August 27, 2016 at 11:08 AM #132146
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

Please read the post here: http://bombdogstudios.com/blog/important-announcement-steam-support-ending/

Feel free to ask any questions!

August 27, 2016 at 12:07 PM #132148
    zeno
    Participant
    Total posts : 4

So when MAV is developed to where you need it to be and the player base is humming along, you going back to Steam some day?

August 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM #132149
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

It’s not very likely.

I would likely put the effort that I would have put into steam support into console support, or Linux support.

The thing is, all the issues I have had with them, would likely still be there, even if the MAV player base is larger.

August 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM #132155
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Console, I imagine, would be the better option. There’s a lot of folks who loved Chromehounds, who are Console players and don’t have gaming rigs (I got a friend who’s interested, but his idea of ‘antivirus’ is to take his virus-riddled, 10-year-old laptop out back and shoot it). Putting it on the Live marketplace would probably garner you rather more players.

Linux, though. I’d like that. After Windows 7 stops being supported, I’m probably going to transition over to a LInux system, because screw Cloud OS.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

August 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM #132156
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

I’d love linux for server support so I can finally update my server.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

August 27, 2016 at 7:11 PM #132157
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

I would love Linux server support also. It will come soon enough.

August 28, 2016 at 6:10 AM #132160
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

When that happens I’ll have to shut down rsi for a day or two to transfer everything over and get all the stuff working again.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

August 31, 2016 at 9:49 AM #132189
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

RIP M.A.V. Steam 5/2/14 – 8/31/16.

0/10 would not do again.

Part time filthy. Part time opportunist. Full time goat. "Holy f*** that was the greatest thing I have heard from your keyboard." - Cyberdogs7 on my top quality shitposting.

September 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM #132286
    Metaxis
    Participant
    Total posts : 1

I’m still at a loss as to where we download a client for the game outside of steam once accounts are linked.

September 10, 2016 at 9:59 PM #132287
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

I’m still at a loss as to where we download a client for the game outside of steam once accounts are linked.

on the top right-ish corner of the screen theres an icon shaped like a person, kindve.

click on it, it takes you to your profile, there is a big blue button that says DOWNLOAD MAV or something.

September 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM #132317
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Just wanted to share a bit of information with you and this thread seemed the best. I created a query to see how many players have been playing the game in the last 24 hours and wanted to compare that to widely cited steam charts data they people used.

Steam chart [which only measures steam users] shows 1 player in the past 24 hours.

My data, which accounts for all users, show 43 players in the past 24 hours.

I know a lot of people have asked for data like this for a while, so I wanted to share. Unfortunately I only have last sign-in data, so I can not provide historical data.

September 13, 2016 at 9:01 PM #132323
    BloodravenD
    Participant
    Total posts : 3

While I am sad to see steam support being pulled, and having to get used to this forum, I am glad that even though people bought it on Steam, they don’t have to buy it again. I’m curious though, what made you pull off Steam?

September 13, 2016 at 9:44 PM #132327
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

While I am sad to see steam support being pulled, and having to get used to this forum, I am glad that even though people bought it on Steam, they don’t have to buy it again. I’m curious though, what made you pull off Steam?

Most of it is detailed here: http://bombdogstudios.com/blog/important-announcement-steam-support-ending/

The TLDR is: Steam was not helping MAV in any way and it could be argued, was actually hurting the development speed significantly.

September 13, 2016 at 10:42 PM #132333
    BloodravenD
    Participant
    Total posts : 3

Ah, I’m surprised you really didn’t get much help when it came to Steam. It’s pretty terrible that they would treat you like, all the while charging you fees or taking a cut from your sales. I do know that if people like mech games, either they’re follow them, they’re on a wishlist, or they play mech games, MAV should show up as a recommendation to those players. I’ve already made the move of transferring from Steam to the standalone client.

September 14, 2016 at 12:20 PM #132354
    Aoden
    Participant
    Total posts : 4

How can I regain access to MAV? I’ve tried what you suggested, but instead of linking my Steam credentials and progress to Bombdog, it does the exact opposite and replaces my Steam progress with my Bombdog progress from the demo. It also will not link ownership. I still have to purchase the game via the website.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags