Suggestion: More Freedom

• September 19, 2018 at 4:32 PM #146258
    SirFox
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 8

This game is very awesome,i send out to everyone I know, but there are some things that makes it a bit monotonous :/
    I know I have a few hours playing on it, and there are lots of parts, and ways of playing…
    But, it is limited, because of the system, example you can not create a vehicle with 40 machine guns and shoot all, or build something to support the weight, because there are only the chassis already defined, so I thought of some things.
    First of all, there is no blockable limit of weapons for each cockpit, and yes, a system that allows more weapons to overheat or freezes the CPU, for example:
    Currently the Rhino holds 6 weapons, in my suggestion, the user could add, like this:
    1 – 6 weapons ok
    6-8 spends more energy
    8+ on heating and malfunction.
    This is also useful for other modules such as weight (chassis), instead of there is a definite limit, there could be an auxiliary limit, but if the user added masi parts this would affect only his MAV and not the game, another example:
    Maximum weight: 6000.
    In the new idea would be:
    Recommended maximum weight: 6000.
    If the player exceeds 6000, slowness, damage to the chassis and even fall / break could occur.
    And finally, one thing that left me confused, was the system of aim of the arms, for me they are all the same, cannons, snipers, howtizers. I’ve played many other types of similar games, and so it occurred to me that this is doubtful, an example, the sniper could have a way of zooming, and the artillery could have a look over, or more magnified.
    This game is very incredible, what I said are just ideas, and I hope to help with something, and with lincensa I will practice a little more: D
    Sorry my english guys,
    I stayed a long time without talking to people outside my country.
    Thanks 😀 😀 😀

September 19, 2018 at 7:33 PM #146259
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 636

Great ideas and we will be sure to consider them!

September 19, 2018 at 11:35 PM #146260
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 146

My thoughts, please take this positively 😀

the sniper could have a way of zooming

While that wooould make sense, a lot of the game’s weapons are based on different magnifications, for example: Z-SNP-.Y6 has a 6x scope, but also further range and muzzle velocity among others, compared to is shorter ranged RM-DIR counterpart.

and the artillery could have a look over

A periscope would be pretty neat as either part of the weapon or even potentially a drone aux. I’ll flesh it out a little more:

• It is an Aux that is attached to a MAV that can be toggled on and off (cooldowns for anti-spam can be set.)

•It hovers at around 4-6 standard MAV heights, allowing the player to see a considerable distance on some maps (weight and energy drain balancing can be set), and takes around 5 seconds to reach it’s maximum height.

•It replaces the PiP weapon cam for the drone view when activated, and on right click, makes the drone’s view full-screen.

•It floats and drifts around slighty (cause you know, it can’t be stiff), and has a little movement delay when the player moves.

•The drone can be shot down

Will obviously be more viable on flatter, less vertical maps than others.

Recommended maximum weight: 6000.
    If the player exceeds 6000, slowness, damage to the chassis and even fall / break could occur.

I actually don’t mind this idea, say, give an extra 100-500 load but every extra 100 you decrease in speed and even cockpit rotation speed.
    Though, I still feel that builds need to reach a certain point of validity, as there’s no point of implementing a destruction feature if the MAV is too heavy if you could just prevent that from happening in the first place.

1 – 6 weapons ok
    6-8 spends more energy

It sounds like a plausible idea, but we all would have to test that system out. Again, like with the chassis, if the parts are going to blow off and malfunction by themselves why not just prevent the player from placing that many in the first place like we have now? Not to mention we have heavy weapons that do the same job as having 8 machine guns (Chagn-3), 8 rocket pods (Multi-Rocket).

Much like the Sniper Zoom, a lot of the cockpits are based around their special amount of weapon slots, like the Rhino, it’s unique because of it’s armour and it’s ability to have 6 weapons. I hope you understand my viewpoint 🙂

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Tigris.
    September 20, 2018 at 11:34 AM #146267
    Lerch2000
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 89

Do you have the campaign in the game yet?

September 20, 2018 at 10:44 PM #146271
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant

My two cents

Currently the Rhino holds 6 weapons, in my suggestion, the user could add, like this: 1 – 6 weapons ok 6-8 spends more energy

While this could be plausible, a lot of the cockpits in-game are grounded and distinguished by the amount of weapon slots they have. The Rhino pit is one of those, with most of it’s cockpits only having two groups of six.

Having weapons blowing off by themselves is is not fun and why not just forego the pain of implementing that mechanic than by remaining with the system we have now? Just prevent the user from doing that in the first place and voila.

Maximum weight: 6000. In the new idea would be: Recommended maximum weight: 6000. If the player exceeds 6000, slowness, damage to the chassis and even fall / break could occur.

Now this idea I can agree with to some extent. I like the idea of having a little leniency when it comes to being overweight, whether speed, acceleration, cockpit turn speed or all speed stats are decreased the more weight you load over the recommended weight. However, to prevent the pain of implementing an overweight system why not just prevent the user from going say, 500 over the weight limit?

• Every 100 load the user goes up all the speed values decrease by 5% with a maximum of 500 load for 25%.

the sniper could have a way of zooming

I do agree this would be sensible feature however, many if not all of the weapons are based on their magnifications. For example, the Z-SNP-.Y6 has a higher magnification, further range and higher muzzle velocity (among other stats) than it’s less magnified RM-DIR counterpart.

the artillery could have a look over

This is a nice idea. I feel that feature could actually be incorporated as an drone AUX as well, I’ll elaborate:

• The drone is deployed out of a part on the MAV, reaching around 4-6 standard MAV heights in about 5 seconds

•It replaces the weapon PiP at the top right of the screen when activated, showing the drone’s view

•On right-click, it shows the drone camera at full-screen like viewing through a weapon

•Locked to follow bearing of the cockpit on the MAV

•May show where shells will land using calculations and some 3d graphics, but that may be up for discussion

•Drifts from side to side slightly (it’s a drone, it’s not a camera attached to a stack of PVC pipes), and has some movement delay when the player moves their MAV

•Can be shot down

•Stat balance like weight and energy drain can be up for discussion too.

——————————————————————-

Thanks SirFox, join us on BombDog Discord if you like!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Tigris.
    September 20, 2018 at 10:47 PM #146273
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant

My two cents 😀

“Currently the Rhino holds 6 weapons, in my suggestion, the user could add, like this: 1 – 6 weapons ok 6-8 spends more energy”

While this could be plausible, a lot of the cockpits in-game are grounded and distinguished by the amount of weapon slots they have. The Rhino pit is one of those, with most of it’s cockpits only having two groups of six.

“8+ on heating and malfunction.”

Having weapons blowing off by themselves is is not fun and why not just forego the pain of implementing that mechanic than by remaining with the system we have now? Just prevent the user from doing that in the first place and voila.

“Maximum weight: 6000. In the new idea would be: Recommended maximum weight: 6000. If the player exceeds 6000, slowness, damage to the chassis and even fall / break could occur.”

Now this idea I can agree with to some extent. I like the idea of having a little leniency when it comes to being overweight, whether speed, acceleration, cockpit turn speed or all speed stats are decreased the more weight you load over the recommended weight. However, to prevent the pain of implementing an overweight system why not just prevent the user from going say, 500 over the weight limit?

• Every 100 load the user goes up all the speed values decrease by 5% with a maximum of 500 load for 25%.

“the sniper could have a way of zooming”

I do agree this would be sensible feature however, many if not all of the weapons are based on their magnifications. For example, the Z-SNP-.Y6 has a higher magnification, further range and higher muzzle velocity (among other stats) than it’s less magnified RM-DIR counterpart.

“the artillery could have a look over”

This is a nice idea. I feel that feature could actually be incorporated as an drone AUX as well, I’ll elaborate:

• The drone is deployed out of a part on the MAV, reaching around 4-6 standard MAV heights in about 5 seconds

•It replaces the weapon PiP at the top right of the screen when activated, showing the drone’s view

•On right-click, it shows the drone camera at full-screen like viewing through a weapon

•Locked to follow bearing of the cockpit on the MAV

•May show where shells will land using calculations and some 3d graphics, but that may be up for discussion

•Drifts from side to side slightly (it’s a drone, it’s not a camera attached to a stack of PVC pipes), and has some movement delay when the player moves their MAV

•Can be shot down

•Stat balance like weight and energy drain can be up for discussion too.

——————————————————————-

Thanks SirFox, join us on BombDog Discord if you like!

September 30, 2018 at 1:39 PM #146291
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3059

The idea for the weapons sounds interesting but I think having issues start at seven or more weapons is a bit high. I’d say drop that down to about three weapons or two.

Three or two weapons as the optimal “safe” group allows a ton of build freedom from heavy weapons to light weapons while promoting people to use multiple weapon groups on a build. When you go into 3~4 weapon in a group we could see things like increased spread, longer fire delays, higher energy consumption when fired / heating when fired. The issues that can arise with more weapons could be more pronounced or have added effects from those listed above. I would shy away from messing with reload times and recoil force as that could make it hit too far into playability as that’s why going over energy doesn’t do those two effects already.

The idea of using extra energy when firing sounds interesting as energy directly influences your movement speed. If you are near your energy limit or slightly below it and you fire off a salvo of 8~ weapons your mech will naturally slow down for a second or two before speeding up again. We’ve seen that sort of mechanic before in Chromehounds that MAV has taken a lot of inspiration from. The main difference between the two is that this movement restriction when firing was hard coded to higher caliber weapons while this idea is funneled through the interaction with energy generations boost to the base movement speed of the mech.

I don’t think I would like unlimiting weapons per group as it allows people to go a bit too silly but this mechanic could be an interesting addition especially when more auxiliaries are added that you can toggle on or off like the thermals we have now.

For the idea of unlimiting the weight restriction I wouldn’t be too opposed but I would probably want some severe penalties while your over weight. Maybe things like decreased armor values / decreased maximum health of the chassis until parts are blown off / higher running temperature could all be a factor. By default your movement speed would suffer for going over weight as being under weight can give you a boost to your movement speed so going the other way makes sense too. These limitations don’t have to be super harsh if its just a few pounds but if you’re trying to run 4 chagin’s on a hover there will definitely be some problems arising.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.