The Base

• December 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM #134660
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3065

What i’d love to see, is the aux buildings we’ve been talking / planning about to help reduce the usefulness of ranging.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

June 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM #138733
    ThatLordGuyThatLordGuy
    Participant
    Corporal
    Total posts : 52

I’m gonna necro this thread to make a suggestion. Instead of making all the bases the same why not let teams choose their own out buildings for defenses like in the last armored core games. there is a maintenance cost and teams that fall apart or go missing lose defenses and territory from lack of upkeep. Or just make more placement type components and let the team engineer build the out buildings to the current map and team strategy.

August 1, 2017 at 7:03 PM #139816
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Actually just had a thought on how to limit Dialing, while still allowing Rushing- Weak Points. Make it so the top/majority of the Main Base has high armour values (like, 80? 70?) along with their high Durability- then have a main entrance, ramp, radar coupling, whatever you want, which has lower/no Armour rating. This rewards rushing the base with Attackers and Scouts, gives a chokepoint where Defenders and Engineers know that enemies will want to approach, while still allowing for longer-duration base fights and Dialing- just, you have to be dedicated to Dialing if you really want that to work before the Defenders get to you.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

August 1, 2017 at 8:45 PM #139826
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

sounds like a good idea, cyber do this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.