The year of the Dozer Builds

• February 2, 2018 at 7:51 AM #144206
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 41

This is my take on the “Dozer” build that’s bouncing around.

To the original creator wherever you are, thank you!

Attachments:
    1. Vindicator

Vindicator.png

February 2, 2018 at 8:54 AM #144211
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Stats…

8512/8512 weight Talk about using it all!

1 Hades Primary
    4 Machine Guns (Heat)
    Light Comm

I envision this build as a Defender/Attacker providing decent long range aggro. The comm allows it to connect with those faster uplink droppers.

February 2, 2018 at 9:07 AM #144212
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 88

Year of the riot tank*
    I think fenix is the guy you’re looking for.

February 2, 2018 at 9:33 AM #144213
    Rusty ShacklefordRusty Shackleford
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 244

I really like the way treads are getting used these days. I do and I don’t wish the AI would use them as intelligently as players do.

M.A.V. HD on Youtube and @RustEShacky on Twitter

February 2, 2018 at 2:58 PM #144218
    TigrisTigris
    Participant
    Staff Sergeant
    Total posts : 146

It’s nice how treads are actually made useful now, those mobile bunkers are pretty though to fight.

February 3, 2018 at 12:21 PM #144244
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

So Tigris, what did you think of the riot tank last Friday night?

February 3, 2018 at 1:00 PM #144246
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 641

A real dozer would have that front plate flipped around! Great build though!

February 3, 2018 at 3:16 PM #144248
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1786

Kind of weird that a build series over three years old has become some kind of trend now.

February 3, 2018 at 3:29 PM #144249
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 641

Kind of weird that a build series over three years old has become some kind of trend now.

Welcome to meme land, where nothing makes sense and everything is new again.

February 4, 2018 at 12:37 AM #144255
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

i cant stand how yall are shooting through solid parts, someone ban this

February 4, 2018 at 6:18 AM #144264
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 88

i cant stand how yall are shooting through solid parts, someone ban this

Then take a seat, young Skywalker.

February 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM #144738
    FenixFenix
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1786

Meme land, guess it’s about time the riot tank has had its year of popularity. The platform is a lot more versatile now, I never thought it would be able to handle a HADES without suffering any recoil let alone with 100 stability and 10 aim stability.

Anyhow, Giggler. I recognize that your version seems to have taken a lot of cues from the bootleg riot tank that has been floating around skynet (the one with the turret deploy, I didn’t build that), so I thought I’d “doctor” your version whose modifications actually makes sense, and make some changes to it based on the official version while keeping the good changes of yours. The HADES synergizes very nicely with 160 machine guns.
    You didn’t place a mech file so I had to take some guesses.

Changes:
    -Grater swapped for Plate-V; the use of the grater was a change that the bootleg made that I don’t really agree with. It’s heavier and physically smaller so the Grater does a worse job of protecting your parts early in the fight.
    When the main shield is destroyed the spacer holding the upper shield becomes exposed, this undermines the durability of the upper plate. The higher raw durability of the Grater is much less important than the coverage of the Plate-V because of this.
    -MENR X628 swapped for MENR A762; this positions both the cockpit and the HADES slightly lower, reducing the portion of the HADES that is exposed from the front and making the cockpit a slightly less viable target. Build was horizontally flipped due to a collision issue with the cockpit.
    -SENR X255 added; Funny thing is this generator weighs less than the difference in weight between the Grater and Plate-V and the build was under-powered. Not sure how slow the build is with just a MENR X628 but you should notice a small speed boost.
    -Side plates weaker? Possible that the plates I installed are lighter than those of your version, personally I’m not a fan of side-ways facing plates; the aim speed is very high on treads so you should be able to keep your riot shield between the main threat and the rest of the build. If you’re being surrounded your likely either playing Arena, overextended/poorly positioned in Siege, or the enemy is outplaying your team. That’s just my thoughts on the matter.

An alternate mod that’s worth looking into is to remove the side plates and the ComSat-450 to place a ComSat-600 in front of your riot shield, turning it into a makeshift second layer. (see attached screenshot below)
    Effectively adding 400 durability onto your shield to keep yourself alive that much longer. In my opinion it’s more important to remain as a combat capable MAV than to locate enemies on the map for your allies.

Attachments:
    1. screenshot_321

screenshot_321.png

1. current.mech
    February 7, 2018 at 6:05 AM #144745
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

OK, the Bootleg was my predecessor to my vindicator. (thank you for both being offended by my early work and slightly impressed with my current work)

I was so inspired by the riot tank that I wanted to add a primary ranged weapon and a bit of utility.

The “slowness” is from not seeing a tiny gen on a random pip mount. I do like your idea of swapping the armor, i just like the cheese greater look and have been experimenting it with other builds. (you may have seen them i have been trying to use the large orb like pits as shields in front of reverse legs with various weapon load outs, Howitzers and flamers or just ball outs).

The reason i dropped the second massive plate was that i had added a long range weapon (the turret is a sniper turret, post buff), but have since moved on to the Hades which has become my favorite heavy weapon. The role i wanted from my version was that of rear support linking the network with a comm and using the machine guns defensively.

Apologies for my early bastardization of your Original work, when i release a failed build into the wild i have a moment where i wonder/hope that someone will be just as annoyed and inspired with my failures as i have with everyone else.

Babybomber felt the pain of the vindicator last week, called me an aim bot, i just looked at my brother and laughed (he was playing a game in the same room).

I will try some of your suggestions soon and i will post a pick if im happy with the end result.

February 7, 2018 at 6:52 AM #144746
    Rusty ShacklefordRusty Shackleford
    Participant
    Master Sergeant
    Total posts : 244

Your Hades work on Crater Arena was nuts. Not sure it came through in chat but the aimbot claim was only jokingly. You were landing shots directly on me at every distance. I was lucky enough to have the right build to close the gap and focus on the big exposed gun by shooting over your shield with grenades and cannon.

M.A.V. HD on Youtube and @RustEShacky on Twitter

February 7, 2018 at 7:05 AM #144747
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Honestly i took the aim bot joke as a compliment. Its weird i hit more accurately with a moving target than a static one…

Oh and your response to Ahearnlords “blocky” build was priceless.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.