Throwback Soldier

• January 21, 2014 at 3:30 AM #102709
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

A build inspired by both my newfound fascination with Huge Rocketpacks, and some of the old Chromehounds builds I’ve been seeing- it’s not on Naqas, so it’d be immediately branded a no-go on the old forums, but I think it’s pretty much in the spirit of things- though truth be told, it still could probably be optimized a little.

[attachment=0:3rs28wlh]screenshot_23.png[/attachment:3rs28wlh]

My original build was even more ChromeHounds-y, with the whole thing being built off the rockets, which were attached to the legs. But after a sortie or two where Cannon MAVs one-shotted my by blasting apart the weakest part in the game (I think, anyways- certainly one of the lightest) I realized I could do just as well with the pit on the legs and the rockets up front- and that way, I didn’t have a line of 5 parts which were all critical to my survival sitting in front of me.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

January 21, 2014 at 7:34 AM #107591
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

That looks nice!

Are those HD’s? I assume you have 3 groups of 3 for firing?

With the ammo buff I did, I have been using rockets a LOT more. I made a build that had ~12 -160s and it was just constant rockets. So much fun 🙂

January 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM #107599
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

Nah- just LGT-Zs. I suppose I could swap them out for HDs by canning one of the armour pieces, but I went for maximum weight allowance here.

Could probably get another row and swap them to HDs on a set of treads for more of a Defender setup.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

January 21, 2014 at 8:43 PM #107610
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3213

@Anvildude wrote:

Nah- just LGT-Zs. I suppose I could swap them out for HDs by canning one of the armour pieces, but I went for maximum weight allowance here.

Could probably get another row and swap them to HDs on a set of treads for more of a Defender setup.

The LGT-Z’s are well balanced, so I think you made a good call with them and the extra armor. You can still charge in and deal over 800 damage and still get out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.