What do you want to see next?

• April 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM #102047
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3214

We are still busy implementing a lot of new things into the game, but we would really love to have your input as to what you think would make the game more fun. Some ideas we were thinking were: more parts, better levels, better AI teammates….Let us know if you think we should have all the above, a mix, or something completely different. We would love to hear what you have to say.

April 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM #103783
    Ifan
    Total posts : 4

How about some basic netcode? I think that could really spring life into the project and get people to notice it.
    Also, how have you guys planned to implement multiplayer gameplay?
    A central database for stuff like squads, stats etc, but actual gameplay will be quasi-peer-to-peer? Or dedicated servers?
    Also, lag management. What have you guys planned here? This can make or break everything. The client-side prediction in CH was almost fine.

I might, or might not be able to help out with creating some assets. Any specific things you guys need help with?

April 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM #103785
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

I agree with you. Multiplayer was next up on the list, but I found that not having a full set of parts to build with really limited the options on what you can do. So I am wanting to bump multiplayer back a bit (also because it takes some time to put in) and instead focus on the procedural generation of the parts.

I plan on adding a system similar to the weapons in Borderlands, but not just for the weapons. It would work on all the part categories. Also, since we don’t have as many animation restrictions, I should be able to make a system that generates even more visual variety then borderlands.

Do you think having more parts or multiplayer would be more fun for you?

P.S. to actually answer your questions, I was planning a Client-Server system. There will be a central server for username lookups and verification, but actual gameplay will be done on 3’rd party servers. Think of the system in Minecraft (if you have played that). I am undetermined on what will be tied with the central server, but I can see stuff like M.A.V. designs living centrally so you can rebuild in any server. As for lag-management, really anything that it takes to make it fun. I appreciate the offer to help with the assets, but everything is still heavily in development, so I don’t want to ask you to do something only to change something and not be able to use it.

April 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM #103786
    Ifan
    Total posts : 4

Thanks for the info 🙂

I think getting some multiplayer functionality would be more fun as of now. Even though parts are lacking. Making parts is time-consuming but doesn’t really drive the developement forward (other than having more parts!). As long as you have an ok sample-size to work with – you should focus on getting other stuff in order.

April 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM #103790
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Ok, you convinced me. I will start on the multiplayer today. 🙂

May 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM #103764
    LegacyElite84LegacyElite84
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Total posts : 2516

Garage

I feel will be much more helpful to be able to rotate around a build when piecing a Hound together.

Gameplay

Allowing the ability to type to other players by lets say hitting “T” to open up the chat box and to send the message out to the other people by hitting “Enter”. This is for farther in development, but when Squads come out, hitting the “Alt” key can alternate chat between Allies and All. Headset and Mic use would also be nice.

When the Health Bars open up, could we possibly get a picture next to the bar to indicate exactly what type of part each bar belongs to. Movement and controls I feel need to be smoothed out to some extent also.

General

I feel the concept of repairing one’s Hound in battle via a repair tool or something of the sorts would take away from what Chromehounds was built off of. It’s one of the things that I absolutely loved because it maintained one of the crucial realism factors of the game.

So far you have done amazing work, and I would love to help in anyway possible if needed.

May 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM #103768
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

@LegacyElite84 wrote:

Garage

I feel will be much more helpful to be able to rotate around a build when piecing a Hound together.

This type of stuff will be my focus after multiplayer. The parts and the garage area will get a lot of work in the next major update, after multiplayer is stable.

@LegacyElite84 wrote:

Gameplay

Allowing the ability to type to other players by lets say hitting “T” to open up the chat box and to send the message out to the other people by hitting “Enter”. This is for farther in development, but when Squads come out, hitting the “Alt” key can alternate chat between Allies and All. Headset and Mic use would also be nice.

When the Health Bars open up, could we possibly get a picture next to the bar to indicate exactly what type of part each bar belongs to. Movement and controls I feel need to be smoothed out to some extent also.

The chat stuff is fairly trival to add, so I will get that in soon. I have been seriously looking into the voice chat and right now I am sadly not going to include it. I feel there are more important things at this point and it’s something I can always come back to.

@LegacyElite84 wrote:

General

I feel the concept of repairing one’s Hound in battle via a repair tool or something of the sorts would take away from what Chromehounds was built off of. It’s one of the things that I absolutely loved because it maintained one of the crucial realism factors of the game.

I do agree with you, but I feel the gameplay of M.A.V. is going to be different enough that a repair type system is going to be something that will be needed. Keep in mind, M.A.V. is planned to be an open world map, so there are no predefined ‘sessions’ like the Chromehounds war system. It is a constant front and you will want some way to repair so you can continue a push into enemy areas. It will be carefully balanced to feel realistic though.

@LegacyElite84 wrote:

So far you have done amazing work, and I would love to help in anyway possible if needed.

Thank you for the kind words. This game is for the fans, so just getting feedback on the type of stuff you want to see is already helping me a ton. Plus nice words motivate me 🙂

July 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM #103921
    Lieutenant Colonel

I’m sorry, but this one thing has been killing me. Until a Systems Chip for the M.A.V. comes out in an update, PLEASE just leave all cockpits with four Weapon Slots(Amount of Weapons per Group), and have all cockpits have four Weapon Systems(Amount of Weapon Groups). It’s killing all my builds.

July 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM #103923
    Cyberdogs7
    Participant
    Colonel

Do you think having it consistent across all cockpits is preferred? The plan was to vary it among the cockpits as another give and take stat to help differentiate the builds. Also, they have different firing timings. You might not have noticed, but the Medium cockpit will actually fire each weapon in a group closer together, while the heavy cockpit has a noticeable delay between each weapon. This was ‘planned’ to allow different cockpits to also be specialized builds, ie, a fast firing of all weapons allows them all to hit a smaller area before the kick throws them off target.

Maybe this didn’t come across very well with the limited number of parts available right now.

July 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM #103925
    Lieutenant Colonel

My thought is that System Chips could help with all that, instead of limiting some cockpits to squared zones. My thoughts are probably heavily influenced by Chromehounds, but a good amount of people who find this game will be Ex-CH Veterans wanting to get back into the fight, and constant cockpits would probably be preferred.

July 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM #103927
    ForteDS
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 25

I’d love to see chipsets done like they were in Chromehounds as well, with each cockpit allowing for a certain number of sockets, and each chipset taking up a certain amount of sockets as well. Of course, one thing you need to remember is that you can’t let my suggestions distract you too much from what your view of what MAV should be.

August 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM #104015
    Dtpshadow
    Total posts : 5

@LegacyElite84 wrote:

My thought is that System Chips could help with all that, instead of limiting some cockpits to squared zones. My thoughts are probably heavily influenced by Chromehounds, but a good amount of people who find this game will be Ex-CH Veterans wanting to get back into the fight, and constant cockpits would probably be preferred.

I disagree. A larger cockpit would allow for more sockets to attach spacers n weapons. Imo its logical. Otherwise everyone will use the lightest cockpit n a shield design since they would have no other advantage to using a bigger cockpit.

Im not sure about the idea of having the size of the cockpit deteine the rate of fire tho. The guns should all have their own recharge time preferably..

I understand you wanting to have classes etc but if howitzers are a heavy weapon an agile mech will more likely choose piles to get the higher speeds thats if u plan to make a mechs weight affect speed anyway ^^ plus giving weaps a set recharge time makes balancing them easier imo

April 19, 2013 at 4:25 AM #105536
    ShotsofJack
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 19

what about paint and design you own emblems, like CH had. Also i understand you are probably not at that stage right with too many other things to work out first. but its a thought.

April 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM #105538
    ShotsofJack
    Participant
    Private First Class
    Total posts : 19

now i remembered what i wanted to say and forgot to post in the last one. remember these?…Tarakian RFZ-RJ-1, i always thought that those legs where the best because of the look they offered. oh and i dont know if this has already been discussed but the ability to save multiple builds, if it has my apologies.

April 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM #105544
    thmgd
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 48

If I had voted for something back when this thread was created I would have said……..spacers.

The forum ‘Gameplay Wish List’ is closed to new topics and replies.