Wish Lists…

• December 15, 2017 at 7:48 AM #143861
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal
    Total posts : 41

I have been playing for a few months now and I feel like throwing my opinion into the mix.

A compass at the top of the UI would be awesome.

A Speedometer would be cool for the scout types.

A star/check box for parts that are my favorites so they populate at the top of the list.

Some more maps in the 1250-1750 range as well as possibly a canyon, mine shaft (large) network, Urban Rubble/Train Station/Shipping Dock area. Seige map with large bottle necks like a suspension bride and a river bank to fight over. Back to the train, it could be rolling through the map to provide possibly an object that can wreck you or vice versa and spawn a large weapon battery for adding to the carnage.

I get ideas all the time randomly, some good some horrid!

Btw, is there a sticky with running suggestions?

December 15, 2017 at 3:36 PM #143864
    Anvildude
    Participant
    Major
    Total posts : 1884

I mean, that’s what this whole forum subsection is for. Mostly what you want to do is check through the existing threads for something similar to your own ideas, and just bump those. We don’t lock threads here, and encourage thread necromancy as opposed to burying them.

Now, most of what you’re suggesting are decent quality of life improvements, and few (aside from maps, of course, everyone wants more maps) have been mentioned before, so you kinda lucked out.

But yeah, our focus on this forum is on single-topic, long-form threads more than lots-and-lots of brand-new conglom threads.

I would dearly love a compass and speedometer, though.

The Crotchety Old Man of MAV

December 17, 2017 at 12:16 PM #143887
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

i like the addition of UI elements, only if i can toggle them on and off, which i wish i could do wit everything in game currently. be able to go into settings and checkbox certain elements

December 19, 2017 at 2:16 PM #143914
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

More Ideas:

– More Settings for Game play maps, like weight class restrictions, you ever wish to have a fight with some speedy light mechs and some guy brings that one bot that just wont die, because you dont have the fire power.

– Friend or Foe icons, i would start with needing a comm on your team first then it will populate a red/blue icon above a characters for faster in fight ID’s

– New Legs, Horse Legs, high speed poor turning, you could use them to strafe a battle field like a mounted archer or use them to bash into a mech with like mining saws or spikes . maybe two versions, a light with good stability for sniping on the fly and another heavy version with good health and armor.

– change the repair shack look, consider instead of unfolding this gigantic structure you have a more 3-D printer box/frame look with a few arms whipping around welding the armor back on. also if not that how about a barn look with a big back and front door.

– EMP turret, sort of like a slow firing howitzer. lobs a grenade that stuns units friend /foe alike in an area, considered for area denial and grieving Delv.

– Fire and forget drones that streaks across the upper battle field dropping uplinks along its flight path (not many), could be used by slower units to scout an alternative path while your main force moves along another.

– invisible mines, to all but the user whom laid them, and while we are on this how about smoke or flares. smoke would be awesome for the battle field, create some cover in areas that are more open or with a scout for a speedy retreat.

– Icons for armor bits for more personallity,

– a single bot slot for a build you want to populate the random bots with (defaulted to your first save slot). that way we can build a bot to fight instead of going against the discarded remains of inspiration. Yeah you with the 20 uplinks, im talking about you.

– what about more drones, like a mobile walking carrier of quad copters with machine guns or little 4 wheelers with explosives. give a reason to bring a light weapon for small engagements.

– a rotary cannon, slow to spin up but if you just sit there youll die, also a limited ammo so you dont just sit there and shoot.

December 23, 2017 at 5:40 PM #143939
    Ahearnlord
    Participant
    Private
    Total posts : 6

I would like to expand on the horse legs mentioned above. Consider each possible combination of quad leg styles

– Inverted legs in front, running in back (Cheetah). light weight limit, medium health, high acceleration, high top speed, medium turning speed, decent recoil absorption

– Running legs in front, inverted in back (Horse). medium weight limit, high health, medium acceleration, high top speed, very low turning speed, high recoil absorption

– Double inverted legs (cannot place an example atm). experimental; heavy weight limit, medium health, low top speed, decent acceleration, poor turning speed, high recoil abosrption

– Double running legs (elephant). experimental; heavy weight limit, high health, low acceleration, decent top speed, very low turning speed, decent recoil absorption

– Hex legs minus the middle set (quadricrab). experimental; medium weight limit, low health, medium top speed, decent acceleration, decent turning speed, low decent recoil absorption

– Uniball (Centurion Sphere), experimental; medium weight class, low health, low top speed, high acceleration, high turning speed. very low recoil absorption

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I have a wish list of my own to add

– When a MAV slams into an another object or MAV a predetermined speed limit, it should deal damage to the other MAV and itself based on its current weight

– Cockpits and other large parts should have a primary and secondary color locations for finer personalizing

– Other mobility parts should have additional mounts similar to the hover mounts. including the above mentioned

– Faction themed HUDs determined by the cockpit’s Faction

– Different faction parts should have slight variations in their art to differentiate there owners

– Heavy rotary machine guns

– Alternative vision systems based on night vision, echolocation, energy production, movement, ect. (like in Predator 2, when they were flipping through the different vision modes)

– More weapons with impact heat. Make us really want a radiator or some fire suppression

– Over heating should have a more noticeable affect on the victim. such loss of mobility, fire rate, damage over time, ect. performing less actions should allow you too cool down more efficiently, unless on fire

Attachments:
    1. image-3

image-3.jpg

December 23, 2017 at 8:01 PM #143941
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel
    Total posts : 3064

So here’s my two cents on all the stuff posted so far.

All three of these would be cool. Maybe have the compass attached to the 2nd camera / above it so it’s not screen wide? The Speedometer could be added to the part health menu since it has a bit less of an impact. Also a “favorites” tab could be cool for the addparts menu.

I also agree, I’d like more maps and I really do want a map with a bridge over a canyon type thing. The bridge can be the centerpiece of the map and it’d offer a very large risk vs reward since you have a very dominating position but also a very exposed one.

Not too sure about the weight class restriction since some people might not have a build that fits such restriction and maybe even the default mech might not fit the one you’d want. I can really only see this working with skynet provided builds or something along those lines.

The FoF thing we’ve talked about before and I believe it’d be better for it to be an aux part, maybe it’d detect further out if their in your comm network. All fancy overlays should be aux parts, Thermals, Night Vision, Explosive Sensor, FoF, etc.

There are two legs that haven’t been officially added yet, the Digitigrade and Quadrupeds. Digi’s will be like a blend of RJ and Biped while the Quads will be something like a hex mixed with bipeds or rjs.

It’s funny that you talk about changing the barn look, that’s what it use to look like but the back doors where always closed. I can’t see the repair shed being remodeled but probably re-purposed as something else and a new model replacing it?

I’m not sure about the emp turret idea. What would it do? Removing control from someone really disrupts gameplay. We saw that with the camera shake era and how much that sucked for people so I fear what something that is designed to limit your controls of your mech would be like.

I like the idea of uplink drones that slowly fly across the map in a straight line. They could also be re purposed as a spectator visual if we give free camera to dead players. You could shoot them down for giggles and they’d respawn with another drone after a few seconds so your destroyed comrades can act as slow and weak scouts like CH’s little army men. Could even add cosmetics for money as an alternative revenue source.

Talking about more drones, I’d love some pre-setup AV’s and Turrets in Siege so it feels more like a fight between factions instead of our small engagements.

Ramming damage is probably going to be added. I wouldn’t try to kill people only by ramming but it would give a nice fix for trees.

The two colorization of large parts Would be super dope. Back when the overweight glitch was a thing a side effect was the attached bits of parts wouldn’t get colored and would stay AI-Green. So stuff like the knee pads on bipeds would be a different color and it was super cool. I can totally see Cyber setting it up so part attachments can use a secondary color.

So there are currently three factions, Free Europa / Earthen Alliance, and Smog Skulls and none of them are manufacturing companies like Jovian Applied Mining / ADMR / RoboTech that make the cockpits. So would the hud differences be based on what faction you decide to join when war comes out or based on the manufacturer?

I believe that following the trend of the heavy varients (railgun = sniper, heavy howitzer = howitzer, heavy rocket = rocket, saw = spike, etc.) That Gattling Guns will be the heavy version of Machineguns and could be a sexy large thing with lots of dakka.

Night vision should still be planned and I’m not sure how echolocation / movement would work out. It could be cool though but I’d really want an explosion sensor / night vision / night map first.

Instead of that stuff for overheating I think the same sorta stuff would be for being under powered. Maybe overheating could increase power draw so it has a secondary effect. Right now being under powered only slows you down and being severely under powered only…. slows you down. At worst you become a turret but on some builds and maps that isn’t really an issue.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

December 27, 2017 at 10:39 AM #143949
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

I like that uni-ball/omni-directional movement however, given that quads are coming out i think that the hex-a-pod should be converted to move like crab legs, scuttling about at a decent speed but can change direction on a dime, like a uni-ball. to give them a role other than recoil base.

I like the idea of addition to the AI being part restricted. You could for example, have the FoF tied to the Comm-Mav like an anthem effect within the up-link area. so you could be a toolbox comm and bring all the buff or spread it about around the team.

I’m glad ramming damage is in the works, it gives me the opening to suggest bash damage bu rotating your mav parts into something/someone, just throwing this out there, rocket punch from Pacific Rim.

I would like more reasons to bring radiators other than a spacer, maybe they reduce weapon cooldown to counter the other effects of being on fire

Maybe cockpit UI is based on faction, you got the gear so upgrade it with your own software like Justin hammer in ironman 2, or AIM in ironman 3. you could also have the UI slightly different based on the cockpit choices but parts like guns, armor, spacers, legs could have 21 pieces of flair based on who designs and makes them.

maybe reduce the weapons currently available by adding ammo types instead of a heat version of a weapon. armor piercing, heat, slugs,

If the trend is gonna be small and larger versions of a weapon type than please allow me to suggest a napalm grenade/bomb large area mid to long range slow reload. (Foooooooom!!!!)

Uplink drone for the death screen would be nice, may set up for some really lucky screen shot angles.

What about some non lethal deployables for the scout/defender variants, net launcher (wall mount?, slows movement for a minimal duration then breaks or can be burned off), pop up flame turret with a short aggro range and a pocket to drop into for protection.

smaller maps, travel time can be a game changer/crippler. ALso large cover providing structures/pieces in the “Bowl” shaped maps. Mining themed of course, i mean why are we fihgting in the desert if there is are no resources to contest.

side objectives to allow respawn of your team members in siege

faction bonuses later on to allow more play-style choices. either with visuals or access to specialized versions of common parts. or maybe depending on your (current) faction you get part bonuses like lighter deployables or higher damaging shotguns, more spread or slug ammo.

I’ve been really trying to get the grenade launchers to work but they don’t have enough pop. I think they need faster travel time with a higher arc (think about those two man launchers from real warfare, launch it and it drops down. I also think the multi bomb as standard is the way to go, they need more splash but in that tight area or double damage to cockpits and legs( or in contrast double damage to all but cockpit and legs).

Assault rifles i don’t like em, they don’t hit hard and the reload time does not give you time to blend in another weapon, its either mediocre intermittent damage or not using it. maybe consider taking into account variants like bolt action versus semi auto, bolt action has range/accuracy slower firing but the bullets could be better. they semi auto would be like the current version but fires slightly faster with a touch more damage or be a burst fire option so you triple tap instead of wait for the awkward reload time.

A cave/mine/subway/maze map, not so much emphasis on tight corridors, possibly large connected rooms, maybe even discovery of an alien themed underground base on one half of the map. how does under water sound?

Spacers: the part that is the single to the double part flat piece, it could use a little more space between the double pip side. while were on this subject how about in the description of the part it also lists how many connectors it has.

December 27, 2017 at 10:40 AM #143950
    GigglerGiggler
    Participant
    Lance Corporal

Serge, where did you get that signature stat block?

December 27, 2017 at 7:27 PM #143953
    AxleNo7
    Participant
    First Lieutenant
    Total posts : 865

Serge, where did you get that signature stat block?

http://www.raksal.com/content/signature/

January 22, 2018 at 9:28 AM #144032
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant
    Total posts : 87

Yeah you with the 20 uplinks, im talking about you.

Sorry not sorry.

January 22, 2018 at 5:30 PM #144035
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

Only 20? I’ve gotten way more than that when I was grinding back my levels.

"I think you are going to like what I am doing even more than I like your comparison tool and I like your tool a LOT"

January 23, 2018 at 9:27 AM #144036
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant

I can too. You’re not special.

January 23, 2018 at 2:19 PM #144037
    Bombdog StudiosBombdog Studios
    Forum Admin
    Chief Warrant Officer
    Total posts : 638

Build bubble incoming…..

January 23, 2018 at 3:50 PM #144038
    ~Toast~~Toast~
    Participant
    Sergeant

Serge, look what you made me do. This is your fault and you know it.

January 23, 2018 at 5:57 PM #144039
    SergeDavidSergeDavid
    Colonel

As long as the bubble is larger than the ch one. That one ruined so many builds because they where just an inch too tall. Just remember that weapons placed that high above your mech doesn’t work in multiplayer unless cyber fixed the bug with guns placed very far away from the rotation point.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.