Welcome to the 50th State of the Game! You won a BRAND NEW CAR!*
This week brings version 0.4.5 with it, so go to your user page and download the latest build.
I have been super busy figuring out some of the larger backend systems (Destruction and Impacts) so this is a bit smaller release than normal.
*You don’t really win a car, sorry
Here are the changes this week:
+ I began work on a Destruction system to allow dynamic destruction of certain builds / walls
+ Added the first destructible asset, a concrete barrier. (Not currently in the levels)
+ Created an Impact system, to describe surface materials and help aid with collisions
+ Added several impact sounds for various bullet impacts
+ Added a Terrain Surface system that will allow me to do proper footstep sounds and effects
+ Created new F/X for some impacts. Not all are hook up yet.
* Modified weapon stats a small amount. (Mainly high end howitzers)
* Fixed bug with HD howitzers that made the shot speed super slow
* Fixed bug with weapon sounds not respecting Volume settings
* Tweaked AI spawning to favor MORE weapons, instead of a single high power weapon.
* Fixed Preferences not being automatically loaded on game start.
Next week I will be tackling multiplayer issues. See you then!
[Reminder: M.A.V. is currently in Alpha funding for $10. If you want to participate in the Alpha program and get access to the weekly builds, you can sign up for an account Here, and upon logging in you will be presented the option to purchase an Alpha membership.]